Professor Kyle
A
If you're insured through work & don't personally benefit from the exchange/Medicaid, here're some of your ACA benefits:
•young adults stay on parents' plan till 26
•can't be denied insurance for pre-existing conditions
•preventative care is 100% free (cancer screening, vaccines, annual exams, etc.)
Professor Kyle @blackcatprose
I've been insured for the last 13 years because of it, after 12 years without insurance. Thank you President Obama & all who made it possible. 10s of millions are insured due to the exchange & Medicaid expansion, while those on other plans have innumerable benefits that were previously denied.
01:54 PM - Mar 22, 2023
02:02 PM - Mar 22, 2023 (Edited)
J.D. Cunegan
A
In response to Professor Kyle.
And, probably because of the 85% provision relating to insurers spending on medical care, my diabetes medication and insulin are far more affordable than they would be otherwise.
04:43 PM - Apr 07, 2023
GrannyJace
A
I've had Obamacare on and off since it's inception. It literally saved my life due to one of the free preventatives.

BTW - I believe a Texas judge is trying to mess w/those free preventative programs.
04:36 PM - Apr 07, 2023
Chrissy Dorsey
A
ACA saved my sister’s life. She was permanently injured in accident which made her unable to work. They eventually let her go from her job. The ACA allowed her to still get the treatments that she needed. It is a shame in this country that healthcare is tied to employment.
04:38 PM - Mar 22, 2023
Professor Kyle
A
In response to Chrissy Dorsey.
I've always thought that – and I don't get why people want employers to provide insurance instead of pushing for more individualized plans that are with you regardless of employment status.
04:42 PM - Mar 22, 2023
{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}