Dr.XVI is the Wrong Crowd
A
The trump distraction is resulting in books being banned, trans kids being ostracized, the beginning of chipping away Soc Sec and Medicare, apartheid on women's bodies.

Be alert. Get your rights back like workers did in Michigan. Fight like hell. And that fight starts at home.
04:47 PM - Mar 22, 2023
Anton Brakhage
A
I am sick of people dismissing Trump as they downplayed his crimes as a "distraction".

You can care about more than one thing at once. And there is NOTHING more central to fighting fascism than whether a criminal President can be held accountable. Because if he can't, nothing else can be, either.
In response to Dr.XVI is the Wrong Crowd.
05:31 PM - Mar 22, 2023
Dr.XVI is the Wrong Crowd
A
In response to Anton Brakhage.
Do you know how many fascists we let off the hook? Bush II. Cheney. Reagan. Irangate was as terrible as what the last grape did.
I'm just much more worried about my community right now. We are more vulnerable than ever.
10:37 PM - Mar 22, 2023
Anton Brakhage
A
That's a broad use of the term "fascist", but a very good argument can be made that we're where we are today because they got away with it.

So rather than the Whataboutism of "We let Bush off so it doesn't matter if Trump is too"... how about we finally start holding these fuckers accountable?
01:25 AM - Mar 23, 2023
Anton Brakhage
A
I remember people using these arguments to normalize Trump, in 2016 and all through his presidency.

Yes, other bad leaders got away with crimes. How many times are we going to make that mistake? Would there have been a Trump, or Bush, or Reagan, if Nixon had faced justice for Watergate? ENOUGH.
01:29 AM - Mar 23, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}