Khrissy Choate
A
A few people have been saying Spoutible is “an echo chamber.” Do those people really want the maga crowd on here? I would welcome people with differing political views to mine here, if those views didn’t involve stripping rights from women, trying to revive Jim Crow,
06:57 PM - Mar 22, 2023
TheLadyRed
A
In response to Khrissy Choate.
I don't find discussion of different topics with people from many different backgrounds & many different experiences who happen to believe in the same basic human concepts like 'bodily autonomy' and 'scientific evidence' and 'a rising tide lifts all boats' being in an echo chamber.
02:53 PM - Mar 24, 2023
Andrea Loken
A
If by "echo chamber" they meant a place with respectful exchanges based on facts & reasoned opinions rather than conspiracy theory & disinformation, then yes, this is an echo chamber. Thus far, I've had an interesting chat on extremism in Christianity, & expect there'll be more cool convos to come.
11:14 AM - Mar 23, 2023
Stewart Tan
A
I agree with that viewpoint. I would love nothing more than to return to the days where you have competing ideas with legitimate opinions on the right level of spending, etc. However, if the discussion is pros/cons of h*tler & facism, not much to discuss.
08:49 PM - Mar 22, 2023
Agent Of Chaos
A
It only looks that way because the people on here for the most part aren't batshit crazy. I'm pretty sure if you asked everyone what their opinions are on politics and society, you would get a wide range of ideas and beliefs. Productive discourse is a good thing.
08:28 PM - Mar 22, 2023 (Edited)
Al Gray
A
Most of the positions that people on Spoutible hold are just common sense and decency. I'm don't need to 'both sides' with extremists. I will talk about what is good for the whole country but not what is just for the rich, the supremacists, and the religious zealots.
08:15 PM - Mar 22, 2023
Ground Control
A
I'll butt heads with fellow liberals but it comes from a good place on both sides. Never can say that with MAGA, Christianists and various poisonous affiliated bullies.
07:53 PM - Mar 22, 2023
Diana Demarest
A
If an echo chamber is a place where like-minded people can communicate without hate, even if we disagree on an issue, I'm fine with that.

I try to include posts about diversity, technology, science, happy things, as well as my politics. I love this place. 🐳
07:51 PM - Mar 22, 2023
Rosetta
A
07:48 PM - Mar 22, 2023
Bev Turner
A
I had some really great follows over at the bird who were never-45ers and I do miss the conversations that were had. Very civil, very educational and enlightening. Actually we were more alike than not. Definitely not MAGA.
07:14 PM - Mar 22, 2023
Khrissy Choate
A
In response to Bev Turner.
If the followers you are talking about are conservatives then those are the kinds of conservatives I’d think would be welcomed here.
08:04 PM - Mar 22, 2023
Carolyn
A
If I want nonsense and bullshit, I head to Twitter. When I want peace and quiet and real information, I come here.
07:12 PM - Mar 22, 2023
The Essential One
B
My response to that would be that if they don't like it they shouldn't be on it or have bother to have any discourse with those who do. It can't be all things to all people.
07:12 PM - Mar 22, 2023
Kris Y
A
I don't agree, there are plenty of interesting spouts. Besides if we were ever to organize and do something about abortion, racism, homo and trans phobia, this would be the place to do it.
07:03 PM - Mar 22, 2023
Jessica Jane
A
In response to Kris Y.
Yeah, Spoutible is a safe place for activism. Let's keep it that way.
08:40 PM - Mar 22, 2023
Sitara 68
A
I disagree in the idea this is an echo chamber. What makes it different from true echo chambers like trump social, is that we consume new data and facts. We have varied sources and we also look at sources from opposition, even if it is to only mock them.
07:00 PM - Mar 22, 2023
Khrissy Choate
A
Banning books, trying to erase transgender people, etc.
07:00 PM - Mar 22, 2023
Barbara Edelman
A
ignore them. i’ve blocked a couple because who needs to read that shit?
06:59 PM - Mar 22, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}