Fad BeALover-NotAHater
A
Something I don't understand why our GOV isn't planting tons of trees in cities while focusing on EVs?

They can easily reduce pollution faster

I find N. America the food packaging process is causing a lot of greenhouse emissions-consumers forced to buy then waste

#ClimateCrisis

🌳🌳🌳✌🏾
Alberto Pastor @albertopastor
"Globally, trees are the most scalable and cost-effective tool in the fight against climate change. Trees clean the air and vacuum up carbon. They foster biodiversity and support critical habitats."
And they're good for our souls, too 💚
🌲🌴🌳 #trees #climatechange #nature #wildlife #Food #Cooling
07:08 PM - Mar 23, 2023
04:50 AM - Mar 24, 2023
Lynn Dewees
A
In response to Fad BeALover-NotAHater.
Trees are great. They won’t solve our problems on their own. It’s going to take a multi-faceted approach.

https://climate.mit.edu/as...
06:19 AM - Mar 24, 2023
Fad BeALover-NotAHater
A
In response to Lynn Dewees.
Agreed!

We need to have more EVs in parallel with planting tons of trees while looking for alternatives for Lithium batteries

In addition food packaging should be redone to reduce household waste- greenhouse emissions

All plastic items should be banned

Private jets should be banned as
06:42 AM - Mar 24, 2023
SherrieInGA
A
The administration works with state and local agencies in effective tree planting implementation.
05:40 AM - Mar 24, 2023
Chris Van Arsdale
A
I agree, but EV’s have to be limited in scope, as well. Lithium is finite and mining it is hazardous. We need to rethink the structure of our cities. EV’s are being pushed so car companies can continue making profits.
05:25 AM - Mar 24, 2023
Lynn Dewees
A
In response to Chris Van Arsdale.
There are alternatives to lithium ion batteries. It’s likely that the pressure on lithium will force the issue and the switch will happen rapidly

https://www.newscientist.c...
06:17 AM - Mar 24, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}