💜 Callie 💜
A
Interesting post from James F. Love IV on the bird app re: folks weary the DOJ/Garland “isn’t doing anything” and, that “no one will be held accountable”.
07:08 AM - Mar 26, 2023
stephanie roberts
A
In response to 💜 Callie 💜.
TY. I'm going to sit with his experience. The skepticism aimed at the DOJ isn't unjustified. I think the difference between the arrests that he cites and our long wait for justice for TFG is the case against TFG seems evident. he seems to daily offer evidence against himself. yet still no arrest.
08:59 AM - Mar 30, 2023
💜 Callie 💜
A
In response to stephanie roberts.
Totally agree.

“We have a system of justice in the US that treats you much better if you're rich and guilty, than if you're poor and innocent. Wealth, not culpability, shapes outcomes."-Bryan Stevenson/EJI Org

TFG’s never-ending obstruction/abuse of power is a tiring display of this privilege
12:52 PM - Mar 30, 2023
Aamir Hussain
A
A lot of talking heads spent a very long time waiting on Mueller to save the USA.
11:48 AM - Mar 26, 2023
stephanie roberts
A
In response to Aamir Hussain.
Exactly. 2016 has resulted in my seeing the US in a much much less rose-coloured way.
09:05 AM - Mar 30, 2023
Dana Roth
A
Thank you. I was going to share this excellent thread too.
10:48 AM - Mar 26, 2023
Brendan Barry
A
During his confirmation, most of the talking heads, former prosecutors and DOJ experts spent weeks telling anyone that would listen, "Bill Barr is a hardcore constitutionalist". I don't take any of them at their word.
07:46 AM - Mar 26, 2023
💜 Callie 💜
A
In response to Brendan Barry.
Agree. Barr was the worst and dangerous. He’s also, a dominionist/Opus Dei. The mistake so many officials made was believing their associates, who have participated in a slow-coup, were honorable and loyal to democracy. Barr believes this nation belongs to wealthy, white, Christian, straight, men.
08:10 AM - Mar 26, 2023
Rebecca
A
This is it. It explains all of it, like puzzle pieces falling into place.
07:24 AM - Mar 26, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}