Elie Mystal
A
The upshot of my concerns about the timeliness of these charges is this: Everything I know, Alvin Bragg knows, and he knows a great deal more than I do... but everything I'm saying, Trump's lawyers are going to say, and that is going to cause enough delay to get to the election.
08:43 AM - Apr 01, 2023
Kris Y
A
In response to Elie Mystal.
07:42 PM - Apr 17, 2023
Julia@myollieBarradise1
B
You might be right, but hopefully this judge won't take his Bs tactics, he hates this judge too so the more the fool tries to piss this guy( the judge) off the fool is gonna know about it and its not be delayed it as much as the fool wants it too 🤔 hopefully 😉
06:39 AM - Apr 04, 2023
NEMO Cookfan
A
Yep, I've seen/heard several legal analysts say it could take years to get to trial due to the number of potential delay moves available to the defense. But meanwhile, there may be additional indictments from other cases - none of it fast, but all of it distracting and expensive.
01:07 PM - Apr 02, 2023
Katara Dixson
A
If imprisonment doesn’t stop him from being president, how do people expect him to do potus from home detention - assuming he will never see inside of jail cuz security?
12:18 PM - Apr 02, 2023
Alexander Nevrmind
B
Which makes Fani Willis and the Georgia case that much more important.
11:17 AM - Apr 02, 2023
Adrienne
A
Have you seen the #Tetris movie on #AppleTV + yet? Helped me understand how money and corruption in politics cannibalizes freedom (and the country)... but also, how easy it can be to defeat with courage. We need a lot more of that RN if we want justice, it seems.
12:34 AM - Apr 02, 2023
AbbiSeattle1
A
Just because he filed the first indictment, doesn’t mean the case will be first to trial. Keep your powder dry, sir.
09:15 PM - Apr 01, 2023
Alfalpha Male ✔️
A
Yeah that's my biggest fear, and Garland is MIA.
08:15 PM - Apr 01, 2023
Alfalpha Male ✔️
A
Glad you're here!
08:14 PM - Apr 01, 2023
Janice
A
Welcome to the waters! It's a great place to be. Refugees are welcome. Bring your friends! 🐳
04:21 PM - Apr 01, 2023
Goose
A
I’m not sure there was ever going to be a *good* time for this, but it’s nice to have the illusion that we are all subject to the same laws for a while.
04:10 PM - Apr 01, 2023
ceirdwen cfc
A
When did you get here and why didn't you tell me?! So glad to see you; you're one of the best voices to listen to.
11:34 AM - Apr 01, 2023
Dina Loves Dogs
A
In response to ceirdwen cfc.
He sure is
04:52 PM - Apr 04, 2023
Just Piper
A
That’s the game they roll with. This is what’s always made Trump so slippery. He’ll be pulling out all the stops now!
11:18 AM - Apr 01, 2023
Cassandra Marshall
A
Throwing everything at the system to delay and gum up the works is what tfg does to the legal system. If I were a betting person, I'd put money on none of these prosecutions being done before the election.
11:17 AM - Apr 01, 2023
Amy Wolf
A
I’d forgotten that Bill Barr quashed this case the first time. If it comes to trial at all, that’s better than it not ever coming to trial . And hopefully it paves the way for documents, Jan 6, and Fani Willis
10:59 AM - Apr 01, 2023
Original Barby With a Y
B
Glad to see you here Elie
10:58 AM - Apr 01, 2023
George Sievers
A
I don't think it will.
10:56 AM - Apr 01, 2023
Buckeyedotcom
A
As long as the arraignment happens it's okay to let the legal process play out... As soon as it's clear he won't win in 2024 he will start quietly settling these cases.
09:27 AM - Apr 01, 2023
Tim Graf
A
In response to Buckeyedotcom.
Fortunately, you can't "settle" a criminal case.
12:25 PM - Apr 01, 2023
Delareese
A
i think you’re right. They’ll gum this up. I doubt this is the case to watch. The documents one is the big one; that one has all sorts of possible repercussions in my opinion
09:18 AM - Apr 01, 2023
Pamela
A
True. But independent law enforcement shouldn’t be concerning themselves with election cycles. They should concern themselves with building the best possible case. And I’ve more confidence in NY juries than in the republic Congress. Enough voters were savvy in 2020. They’ll be even more in 2024.
08:59 AM - Apr 01, 2023
Mlb Anx
A
In response to Pamela.
Precisely this!
11:15 AM - Apr 02, 2023
Gary A
A
MSNBC needs to give you longer segments or at least let you be the first speaker in your segment so you can be the one to "run long."
08:46 AM - Apr 01, 2023
Jo-Ann Laifer
A
Didn't Cuomo extend the limitation deadlines?
I believe till last week
08:45 AM - Apr 01, 2023
Elie Mystal
A
Bragg will have good arguments, of course, for why his charges ARE timely.
But, I think people are used to Trump having TERRIBLE legal arguments. Stuff only Jonathan Turely thinks are legitimate.

Here: Bragg will have colorable arguments, but so will Trump. Which is odd.
08:45 AM - Apr 01, 2023
J Leep
A
But will his lawyers actually bring it?

Considering his past history with lawyers there is a good chance that his lawyers could mess this up.

From my distant and layperson view his lawyers have been good at delaying trials, but not necessarily winning them.
🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️
09:13 AM - Apr 01, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}