Amylouise Donnelly
A
Just a note to our new members..

You are likely to get a lot of advice as you settle in. Keep in mind that this platform is new. Numbers don't necessarily mean success unless you're a journalist or an influencer.

Read the comments for some tips on how to create a happy home with us. Read on...
06:56 AM - Apr 02, 2023
DemocratDowntheLine
B
In response to Amylouise Donnelly.
I’m curious what you mean by “ not over the side of the boat? What qualifies as such?

“Left leaning but not over the side of the boat”
07:55 AM - Apr 10, 2023
Jeffrey Sharp
A
Yeah, I get about as much engagement here as on Twitter which is very little. Yet I persist.😄
12:01 PM - Apr 02, 2023

Only followers of this user (researchergirl) can see their posts

Susan Howey
A
In response to Jeffrey Sharp.
I know it's frustrating , yet I think you have twice as many followers as I do, so don't worry, be happy.
06:43 AM - Apr 20, 2023
Amylouise Donnelly
A
i) And lastly, rememberl: this is a new platform. We have been incredibly successful in a very short period of time because Twitter is awful and people are looking for an alternative.

But we still have a lot of growing to do.

So be patient, gracious, supportive.
Build the pod, not the person
07:16 AM - Apr 02, 2023
Amylouise Donnelly
A
g) Have fun! This is a warm and friendly place. It's also a safe place to get frustrations out of your system. But keep in mind, blocking happens on this platform and blocking is serious business.

So don't inspire people to block you for foul language or mean messages..
07:13 AM - Apr 02, 2023
Amylouise Donnelly
A
h) If people disrespect you, I suggest you respond to them once, politely but firmly. If they keep it up feel free to block them. If their behavior is particularly dangerous, report them.

This is not Twitter. Trolls come here to die.
07:14 AM - Apr 02, 2023
Amylouise Donnelly
A
f) Remember that on Spoutible, *likes don't generate traffic. What moves thing here is echoes. It's like retweeting. *Like is a signal to the writer. Echo is a signal to the community.

Our community culture is based on the way whales communicate with other whales.

We're deep water fish, not bi
07:11 AM - Apr 02, 2023
Amylouise Donnelly
A
e) Look for verified accounts. These are people who have established some authority based on their public service or command of specific subject matter.

Follow the ones that matter to you. Be sure to add any news source that seems reliable to you.

They may not follow back but we need them.
07:08 AM - Apr 02, 2023
Amylouise Donnelly
A
d) In the beginning, people say that following others and following back is a courtesy in the platform. Don't feel you need to do this for every person who follows you. In time you will be able to curate your community and shape it the way you wish. So I suggest following like-minded people.
07:05 AM - Apr 02, 2023
Amylouise Donnelly
A
c) Go to the Discovery page and look for the search window at the top, type in your interests and see if other people have put them in their spouts or in their profile with #hashtags .

Start to build your community with like-minded people. If someone welcomes you, follow back.
07:03 AM - Apr 02, 2023
Amylouise Donnelly
A
b) Add interests to your profile description with #hashtags so other people with similar interests can find you. And a few things at first and build on it later as you get comfortable and start making friends. Remember, you can change this at any time. I have already made changes myself.
06:59 AM - Apr 02, 2023
Amylouise Donnelly
A
a) Start off right by creating a visually compelling profile page. Spoutable is image driven, more like Facebook than like Twitter. So make sure you put a good Banner and an eye-catching profile picture on your page from the beginning.
06:58 AM - Apr 02, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}