Kathleen Rupnow
A
After I retired, I started volunteering a my local library. A casual job came open and I started working there. I was there for a few years. I am here to say that libraries are so important to communities. Many families depend on them for computer & internet, free programs for their kids, etc.
Alberto Pastor @albertopastor
"A library is more than a collection of books, they're hubs of information, providing access to fiction stories, reference books, music, and movies. A place to register to vote, find job assistance, sign up for health insurance ..."
Libraries are love 📚📜💻🎶
#libraries #books #culture #Spoutible
01:53 PM - Mar 16, 2023
12:30 PM - Apr 04, 2023
Monica M
A
In response to Kathleen Rupnow.
I worked at the Library of Congress for 8 years. I worked for a contractor that had several contracts there. I did several different jobs there. The company preserved the books that were able to be saved. It was a great job.
07:34 PM - Nov 05, 2023
Shortylegs Fields
A
Libraries are an asset to every community. Frequent the one in my community often - it is always alive and busy.
09:38 PM - Aug 11, 2023
Jeff Russell
A
IDK if elementary schools even take classes to introduce them to the library any longer or not. It was either first or second grade when they took my class. My mother also took me there to check out books and encouraged all her children to have "adventures" through reading.
10:46 AM - Jul 31, 2023
Diane Turner
A
Librarians are on the front line of democracy in 2023.

Thank you for your service.
12:24 AM - Apr 05, 2023
BigBrownGirl
A
In response to Diane Turner.
08:14 PM - Aug 05, 2023
Kris Y
A
They are a lifeline and one of the things that make our communities great.
12:13 AM - Apr 05, 2023
Ginger Bell
A
That would be my dream retirement "job", too. I also would like to help non- English speakers learn how to speak English. I was actually planning on volunteering at my local library for this. Was waiting for my youngest to start school then Covid happened. 😔 I still hope to one day.
12:12 AM - Apr 05, 2023
Diane Pinkerton
A
💯
12:06 AM - Apr 05, 2023
Lissa Price
A
Libraries are essential. Librarians are essential.
12:04 AM - Apr 05, 2023
Camara Reed she/her/we/us
A
I’ve had a library card since I was two years old. I have several now I use them regularly.
12:03 AM - Apr 05, 2023
Stewart Tan
A
🙏 my daughter started working at our local library and it is a fulfilling job. Not sure how it is there, but in the US, tax time is around the corner (which reminds me!), so a lot of questions revolve around taxes. She does get her fair share of "unusual" questions (e.g. car repair) 🤷
12:00 AM - Apr 05, 2023
Kathleen Rupnow
A
In response to Stewart Tan.
Never a dull moment, as they say.
01:07 PM - Apr 05, 2023
TrevWriter
A
I love libraries. I've spent much of my free time over my life just basking in them.

I wasn't politically active in the 80s, but when the GOP in my county started shutting down the libraries that decade, I swore I'd never vote Republican again.
08:41 PM - Apr 04, 2023
Pamela
A
I’m not at retirement age yet but I figured I’d volunteer at my local library when I do!
08:35 PM - Apr 04, 2023
Sarah
A
Same as my mom! She retired from her professional librarian job but now works part time at the tiny town library. She loves books and info resources, kids and helping people, and staying busy so it’s perfect. I call it her hobby job. 😂
07:36 PM - Apr 04, 2023
B Q
A
I couldn't agree more. I am lucky enough to work across the street from the main branch of the glorious NY Public Library. I visit Patience & Fortitude (the lions outside) everyday And my experience would be lessened if not for the librarians & volunteers who hook me up with the best books
07:34 PM - Apr 04, 2023
Bren
A
Thank You. You tell it right, truth, truth, truth
07:30 PM - Apr 04, 2023
Nancy Bird
A
I am a volunteer for the Friends of the Library, the used book store inside the La Habra, CA Library. I fill in when asked if I can-such an easy 2 hours!
07:20 PM - Apr 04, 2023
Jennifer Puckett
A
There's a great episode from This American Life about libraries called "The Room of Requirement." Highly recommend it, reminded me of the many fantastic escapes I had in the local library.
05:54 PM - Apr 04, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}