Jenny Wren (She/Her)
A
This was personal.
Rep. Justin Jones was an activist who played a role in the bust of racist KKK leader Nathan Bedford Forrest being taken down from the Tennessee Capitol. Which a lot of folks in that chamber last night protested and got pissed off about. They have had it in for him since day 1
07:10 AM - Apr 07, 2023
Cre8ve2
A
In response to Jenny Wren (She/Her).
I live in the South and can not for the life of me understand why they continue to honor traitors who bought and sold human beings
08:19 PM - Apr 12, 2023
k hola (she/her)
A
In response to Cre8ve2.
Because a lot of their ancestors fought in the civil war and they don’t want to dishonor them even if they don’t deserve honor. I’m not agreeing, but if you truly can’t understand I want to give you a basis for understanding their deep seeded hate
10:54 PM - Jul 27, 2023
Theo
A
Holy shit can they hold a grudge.
07:39 PM - Apr 09, 2023
Sue Ardan
A
There is so much going on, it’s hard to keep track. Bookmarking is helpful now. This is vital to keep up with, in order to keep it in the forefront. Don’t let this ever become another flash-in-the-pan one day media blitz.
02:38 PM - Apr 07, 2023
Jenny Wren (She/Her)
A
In response to Sue Ardan.
Oh I plan on staying on top of this. These assholes have unleashed a reckoning that has been a long time coming. It's time they are put in their place, the trash.
08:40 PM - Apr 07, 2023
L T
A
This fascism CANNOT STAND
08:42 AM - Apr 07, 2023
Bev Turner
A
Yep.
08:12 AM - Apr 07, 2023
junerose32
B
Well that shows that Rep Jones is consistent in his efforts to prevent violence and hypocrisy not celebrate it - i.e. founder of the KKK, slave owner, slave trader, TRAITOR TO HIS COUNTRY had to go. And the weapons of mass destruction are next. Well maybe the good old boys will be next -VOTE. 💙💙
08:06 AM - Apr 07, 2023
Jenny Wren (She/Her)
A
In response to junerose32.
Oh he will be back, the Metro Nashville City council is having a special meeting Monday to fill his seat. They will send him right back lol
08:09 AM - Apr 07, 2023
Jeanne Wilkins
A
His best response now is to get reelected. They can't expel him for the same thing twice. I'm not in TN, and I'm not rich, but I'll support him as much as I can.
07:59 AM - Apr 07, 2023
Jenny Wren (She/Her)
A
In response to Jeanne Wilkins.
The Metro Nashville City Council is holding a special hearing on Monday. They are going to send him right back to his seat and the GOP can fuck off as they can't do anything about it.
08:00 AM - Apr 07, 2023
Jeremy Robinson
A
In response to Jeanne Wilkins.
This isn't much of a solution. If we don't show them they have no right to arbitrarily kick out their political opposition, "we'll get 'em next time" doesn't really help. They need to pay serious consequences for even making this attempt or they'll just keep trying it.
02:38 PM - Apr 07, 2023
Mea Cadwell
A
That explains a lot.

They had to remove the other representative to make it look like they weren't targeting Jones...and because they were both black.

R's are sick in the head with their bigotry worship.
07:53 AM - Apr 07, 2023
Jenny Wren (She/Her)
A
In response to Mea Cadwell.
Tennessee is full of good ole boy racists and we all here have known about it. They just took off their hoods and exposed themselves to the whole world. Sorry ass lot of them. They are vile and beyond disgusting
07:57 AM - Apr 07, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}