Heidi McDonald
A
I need to get something off my chest, folks. It involves the portrayal of Pittsburgh in Daisy Jones and The Six. I was born and raised there, and lived through the 1970's there. /🏮
11:08 AM - Apr 14, 2023
Heidi McDonald
A
In response to Heidi McDonald.
First: They could have added so much depth here, rather than just a Steelers pennant on the basement wall. There were major reasons why working-class people wanted to leave at that point in time. Steel mills were closing. It was an exodus by working-class folks.
11:09 AM - Apr 14, 2023
Heidi McDonald
A
Second: About that pennant on the basement wall. It would not be a pennant. Anyone who has been a Steelers fan in the last 50 years knows it would be a Terrible Towel.
11:10 AM - Apr 14, 2023
Heidi McDonald
A
Third: That their signature cheer when things go right is placing their hands in the middle and all yelling PITTSBURGH is ridiculous. Back then, the Pirates, Penguins, and Steelers were all on fire at the same time. We called it "City of Champions." This is what they'd yell.
11:12 AM - Apr 14, 2023
Heidi McDonald
A
Fourth: They clearly just looked on a map and chose the name of a neighborhood for these guys to be from. I don't personally remember Hazelwood being a good neighborhood, even back then. Bloomfield or the South Side would have been the ticket.
11:13 AM - Apr 14, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}