Andrew Weinstein
A
“To forget would be not only dangerous but offensive; to forget the dead would be akin to killing them a second time.” - Elie Wiesel

On #HolocaustRemembranceDay we remember those we lost, honor those who survived, and commit to fighting antisemitism and hate wherever it exists.
05:48 PM - Apr 18, 2023
James A Clark Jr
A
In response to Andrew Weinstein.
religious brother in a non denominational community in San Francisco. But I never forgot the holocaust.. I still don't. I grind my hands when I hear people try to deny this atrocity. Because I met survivors it is personal and I am not Jewish. It is as close to me as saying my parents were my parents
06:28 PM - Apr 20, 2023
James A Clark Jr
A
on thing I remember from that was lampshades they made from human skin.. no lie.. so when I got to high school my history books were sanitized by comparison. I met two more survivors who didn't talk about what they went through. so You just had to be kind and respect that. by that time I was a
06:26 PM - Apr 20, 2023
James A Clark Jr
A
ever he needed to to survive.. shoveling shit, digging holes for dead bodies.. whatever and he was there talking to us..I had seen this was in 1972. I had seen pictures of some things the nazi's did to people in my oldest sisters high school history book. we lived in Germany 1964-1966.
06:24 PM - Apr 20, 2023
James A Clark Jr
A
thing behind it. you would not be placed by that thing but pushed onto it. you would grimace and then your picture would be taken.. It was only after that they he rolled up his sleeve to show you his tattoo. He survived 3 camps, and being a priest he was on the list to be done for but he did what
06:22 PM - Apr 20, 2023
James A Clark Jr
A
of what happened when you got into a concentration camp. We're talking high school kids 16 year olds.. you could hear a pin drop. He mentioned you would be shorn of your hair and de loused. then put ion new rags. a tattoo on your arm then a picture taken when your head was pushed back against this
06:20 PM - Apr 20, 2023
James A Clark Jr
A
I met my first holocaust survivor in a high school where he was invited to speak to sophomores by the principal. It was a Catholic high school in New Jersey. The principal was Sr Percy Lee Hart. Bright woman! The man wore a habit. hint franciscan priest. But he never talked about himself. He spoke
06:17 PM - Apr 20, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}