losangelista
A
Do you know folks who've had shingles? I got a shingles vaccine shot yesterday, and whew, I did not know it would lay me out like this. I feel worse than when I had COVID. BUT all worth it if it helps me avoid the excruciating pain of an actual outbreak!
12:53 PM - Apr 19, 2023
Judes
A
In response to losangelista.
I had shingles and it was awful. The pain is terrible. The vaccine left my arm sore for days but nothing like shingles itself
12:54 AM - Apr 21, 2023
Rebecca
A
I got the shingles vaccine as soon as I turned 50, and I was SICK (fever, vomiting, aches)! But got over after a couple of days. Shingles can last for months (and recur), so it's well worth it! Feel better soon.
12:05 PM - Apr 20, 2023
losangelista
A
In response to Rebecca.
I'm starting to feel better and agreed, a couple of days of inconvenience is better than having shingles. I read 1 out of 3 people used to get it and whew.
05:18 PM - Apr 20, 2023
Danny Boy
A
Good for you. I guarantee, you don’t want shingles. Hope you are feeling better.
11:33 AM - Apr 20, 2023
kyrssy #2024 #YearOfConvictions
A
Yes, I've known people who had it & it's horrible! I got the shingles vax as soon as I was able to. Yeah, it's def a hard one, but better than getting shingles.
11:32 AM - Apr 20, 2023
Sue Wright
A
@losangelista That second dose kicked me arse for about 12 hours. Flat out on the couch, not moving, eyes closed.... rough ride. And, yes to being grateful for the protection! Hope you are feeling better!!!
01:08 PM - Apr 19, 2023
Yimi_Kyrabo
A
My doc urges me to get one. Said it would not make me sick like Covid vacs2… which made sick with severe, common cold like symptoms. Is this what you are experiencing?
01:02 PM - Apr 19, 2023
losangelista
A
In response to Yimi_Kyrabo.
I felt like when I got Covid -- actually a little worse. My fever broke around 3 a.m. this morning finally so whew, glad I'm on the mend. But yeah, it kicked my ass. Not looking forward to the second dose now.
11:12 AM - Apr 20, 2023
Z R
A
The only vaccine to which I've responded more than the Shingrix one is the Typhoid shot (Typhoid pills last longer and do not create the same reaction, so getting an injection no longer is necessary). The pain passes and avoiding shingles appears to be very worth it. Speedy recovery.
01:00 PM - Apr 19, 2023
losangelista
A
In response to Z R.
Yep, I'd do ANYTHING to not have shingles!
11:12 AM - Apr 20, 2023
Katie E
A
Better than having shingles
12:56 PM - Apr 19, 2023
losangelista
A
In response to Katie E.
Shingles seems like where all dreams go to die.
11:13 AM - Apr 20, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}