Ground Control
A
Note to all my new followers: please do me a favor of echoing or spouting something so I can feel you out. Nothing personal but I want to be sure we're a good fit. If we are, I'll follow back ASAP.
05:12 PM - Apr 21, 2023
Kos
A
In response to Ground Control.
I was going to change my handle to "Major Tom" but I only got as far as E-5 :)
06:01 AM - Mar 27, 2024 (Edited)
Hoon Seong Teo
A
I love David Bowie and had ALL his LPs. Which I gave away because I was moving countries. In the ‘stupid shit that I have done’category that has got to be up there
12:24 PM - Mar 12, 2024
Ground Control
A
In response to Hoon Seong Teo.
We all got a few of those, friend. But the love for the music endures, yes?
01:09 PM - Mar 12, 2024
Carol Butler
A
65yo lifelong Democrat. Your “duty not to despair” quote was enough for me to follow.
12:28 PM - Feb 24, 2024
Ground Control
A
In response to Carol Butler.
I'm a few years behind you...long enough, I like to think, to know it's true.
01:25 PM - Feb 24, 2024
Pam I
A
Old rocker/hippie/boomer here from Motown, who also loves Bowie🕺🏼💙
04:50 PM - Jan 10, 2024
Ground Control
A
In response to Pam I.
Always got me time for Motown...good to know you.
06:46 PM - Jan 10, 2024
Connie
A
I saw you mention Bill Palmer which piqued my interest but the Bowie Fanatic in your bio was an instant follow. 🧑🏼‍🎤
05:17 AM - Dec 17, 2023
Ground Control
A
In response to Connie.
Glad I could intrigue you. RIP The Starman, one of the most fearless performers ever, who never stopped experimenting.
09:53 AM - Dec 17, 2023
Yvette
A
Just out of curiosity what’s the difference between a Mystic and a Psychic? I genuinely want to know. I have respect for the universe and for the occult in general. However, I don’t buy into organized religion whatsoever. I’m not trying to be snarky. Please feel free to take your time. ☮️
11:30 AM - Jul 07, 2023
Ground Control
A
In response to Yvette.
My definition: Psychic is more about ESP and the inner powers. Mystic is about the whole picture, how the inner links up to the outer. And I call myself "Agnostic" because I have a huge distrust of human stories about such things, ESPECIALLY organized religion.
02:11 PM - Jul 07, 2023
Alice EDUCATION MATTERS
A
I starting singing Ground Control to major Tom when I saw your name. 😂
08:43 PM - Jun 07, 2023
Ground Control
A
In response to Alice EDUCATION MATTERS.
Very much the idea when I chose this handle. I wanted honor Bowie but I also wanted a name that felt true to me.
11:43 PM - Jun 07, 2023
Bentley Breedlove
A
Howdy, Ground Control! It's ok if you don't follow me back. I'm here to read and learn, not promote myself or my beliefs.

I often seek the latest news about Ukraine and women's rights. I also like Spouters who specialize in art, books, and humor. Soon I will become a grandma and owner of a puggle.
10:19 AM - Apr 22, 2023
Ground Control
A
In response to Bentley Breedlove.
All good, I promise. I just wanted to put that PSA up so no one got the idea I was snubbing them or afraid of them. But after just checking out your timeline a few minutes ago, I hope you've no objection to my following you back. I liked what I saw there...tells me you're good people.
10:25 AM - Apr 22, 2023
Deborah Winfrey Keene
A
No one is cooler than Bowie. No one! Saw this Exhibition when I was in Chicago. Museum of Contemporary Art Blog: https://mcachicago.org/pub...
10:15 AM - Apr 22, 2023
Ground Control
A
In response to Deborah Winfrey Keene.
Oh, you and I are going to get along just fine. 🙂 Knew about Bowie all my life but really dug into his music in my mid-20s. He never really seemed to be of this world, did he?
10:22 AM - Apr 22, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}