Rep. Ritchie Torres
A
NEW: The Trump administration failed to disclose a foreign government was spying on us in our own airspace.

I'm introducing the Aerial Intelligence-Collection Revelation (AIR) Act, which would require the Defense Secretary to do so immediately.
12:31 PM - Feb 10, 2023
Boone Daniels
A
In response to Rep. Ritchie Torres.
Ok, I get it- but if the govt tells the public, the govt is also telling China and the world what we know. In turn , they know what we’re capable of knowing.

A wise man once said there are two rules to success
1). Never tell ‘em everything you know
06:51 AM - Feb 12, 2023
Boone Daniels
A
In response to Boone Daniels.
It’s really up to us to elect people we can trust
06:52 AM - Feb 12, 2023
Benedict Scott
A
In Trump’s defense, China was only foreign to the American People. To him, he’s buddy buddy with all the crazies so really it was like seeing a neighbor peering over your fence rather than a stranger breaking in.

#TraitorTrump
04:49 PM - Feb 10, 2023
Bonnie Ivanish
A
Your well-intentioned proposal to "notify Congress" is unsettling. Honestly, we all know that oaths are not honored by each of HUNDREDS of members, & EVEN ONE sharing/leaking the delicate details of our intelligence knowledge would be a disadvantage & interfere with the effectiveness of our DOD.
01:51 PM - Feb 10, 2023
Michelle Has Time Today Schultz
A
I don't mind this bill. I doesn't hurt anything.

I think, at the least, the Intel Committee and leaders of both chambers should be notified. We did the right thing, but I also think DOD should show relevant committees their plan to address situations like we just had in the future.
01:40 PM - Feb 10, 2023
UpStateRaymond
A
I love the idea of this but we would be hamstringing our defense and intelligence agencies with a public disclosure. IMO we don't need 350 million arm chair quarterbacks that think they know better than DoD and DNI on how to handle it. Would be a PR nightmare every time.
01:22 PM - Feb 10, 2023
Bonnie Ivanish
A
In response to UpStateRaymond.
Exactly. A circus. Every social media would debate it to death, talk shows & news media would analyze every nuance, politicians would put push partisan spin, etc., as the whole world, allies & adversaries alike, will mock us through all of it. Either we trust DNI & DoD to handle this or we don't!
02:04 PM - Feb 10, 2023
Ben Rains
A
I'm not sure this is a good idea. There may be situations where the government either may not know definitively, or they may not want to publicly announcement anything about it. There's intelligence value in not letting your adversaries know what you know about them.
12:44 PM - Feb 10, 2023
Nicholas Sussex
A
12:39 PM - Feb 10, 2023
Devonian Stone
A
from a natsec perspective, demanding immediate public disclosure is pretty stupid tbh
12:35 PM - Feb 10, 2023
Marie Allen
A
Thank you, for looking out for our best interests.
12:34 PM - Feb 10, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}