Bernice A. King
A
Tomorrow is my mother, #CorettaScottKing’s , 96th birthday. Global leader, peace advocate, human rights activist, founder of The King Center. Will you join me in #CelebratingCoretta tomorrow (and always)? Share your reflections here using #DearCoretta and tagging me.
02:35 PM - Apr 26, 2023
LaJuan Woodland
A
In response to Bernice A. King.
Absolutely! To me she is definitely the person who spent her life trying to help others both women and black people. I Love Her.
05:03 AM - Oct 07, 2023
The Real Deal
A
Happy Birthday, #DearCoretta . As a kid, I was impressed by your beauty & quiet strength. As an adult, I appreciate how you raised your family, stood beside your husband & voiced your own fight for justice. Knowing the dangers, you remained steadfast. Your children reflect an amazing woman.
05:23 AM - Sep 09, 2023
PattyisLakeside
A
Happy birthday 🎂🥳
09:48 PM - Apr 27, 2023
Lisse (she/her)
A
Happy Heavenly Birthday to your beautiful, Mother!

She is forever in our hearts, and always part of our collective fight for justice and equality.

She was a hero of great faith and courage to me.
❤️💚🖤🙏🏾

#CorettaScottKing
#CelebratingCoretta

(this picture hangs in my hallway)
08:53 PM - Apr 27, 2023
Auntie D ?
A
27 April we also celebrate #FreedomDay in South Africa. Happy birthday CORETTA. What a lovely age. And lukin back u, your family and the world are so proud of what you had accomplished despite the challenges. Have a Blessed Birthday 🙏👑😍

In my language.......🎁 Lekker verjaar 🎁🇿🇦

#DearCoretta
03:06 AM - Apr 27, 2023
KM Laurence
A
#DearCoretta

God put you on earth for just a short time but your life’s work and your fight for injustices, against women and the marginalised, follow through many lifetimes. Your resilience and strength of character in the face of such overwhelming challenges is truly inspiring for generations.
02:27 AM - Apr 27, 2023
T Miller
A
And #AntiochCollege alumnus we love to brag about.
01:20 AM - Apr 27, 2023
Dr. Donna®
A
@berniceking I ran out of characters so couldn't tag you in my #DearCoretta Spout. Too much to say about your mom lol.😄 Please see my other Spout for the words of remembrance. 💖✨
10:08 PM - Apr 26, 2023
Dr. Donna®
A
#DearCotetta Mrs. King, thank you for being the personification of Grace under fire, for being steadfast, & for being such a loving, grounding presence for your children that they, esp your baby girl, passionately & courageously continue to be drum majors for Justice despite childhood trauma & loss
10:06 PM - Apr 26, 2023
Trish McD
A
I hope that your mother and dear friend Harry Belafonte are celebrating 96 in heaven.
03:20 PM - Apr 26, 2023
Jenny_Jupiter
B
Happy birthday!!
02:51 PM - Apr 26, 2023
Nefarious Newt
A
All I know of your mother, @berniceking , is that she soldiered on after your father died, and kept the lamp lit, when the movement could have faltered. And she had her own voice, which was no less impressive than your father's, even if not as loud most times. #DearCoretta
02:48 PM - Apr 26, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}