Christopher Bouzy
A
This is the point I was making earlier. Some folks in the media will hype Bluesky as they did with Mastodon and Post News. It's troubling that certain individuals would suggest Bluesky knowing what happened under Jack's watch. Black, Brown, and LGBTQ+ users were harassed way before Elon took over.
05:18 PM - Apr 27, 2023
Dad For Ever
A
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
Hard to look at how bluesky responds to POC and not think they were building it for white clouds...

Too disappointing to be funny.
09:11 AM - Nov 30, 2023
Birdmischief
A
Thank you for this. I have an account at Bluesky as a safety and because I have some friends there who aren't here, but I don't completely trust it for exactly the reasons you mention. Spoutible is a good place. I'll contribute more money when I'm not poorer than sterilized desert sand.
11:52 PM - Nov 07, 2023
Amy Magnus
A
choosing good allies is everything

i'm always shocked when people lean into exploitation

often they are chasing dollar signs
02:23 PM - Jul 04, 2023
LaJuan Woodland
A
Yes, it is but expected.
04:24 PM - May 14, 2023
Mark Taylor
A
It’s great that there are so many platforms
To try. Twitter’s demise has opened a lot of folks eyes to the possibilities. The one which provides the best experience to the most people will win. That’s free market competition. Which is great.
02:05 PM - May 14, 2023
Joanna
A
On the same day Ben Collins literally said two opposite things. Is he high?
11:46 AM - May 01, 2023
David Basora
A
Mastodon was confusing AF to me.
11:18 PM - Apr 28, 2023
Jes Minardi
A
Why isn't Spoutible getting more media coverage? I love this place!
09:25 PM - Apr 28, 2023
adriennebraxton
A
yes indeeed
08:46 PM - Apr 28, 2023
M1St3r Ch0w
A
i think Bluesky is banking on its Mastodon-like federated approach to social media somehow making harassment less of an issue

i also think they are wrong, as decentralization has its own issues with usability, content moderation, and user safety

good social media can't really be mostly hands-off
05:48 PM - Apr 28, 2023
Ifell Awake
B
It's a shame about Mastodon.
02:28 PM - Apr 28, 2023
Young Lesbian Dre
A
In response to Ifell Awake.
I know it was getting popular but what happened to it?
09:10 PM - Apr 28, 2023
RedLeader
A
It's going to be another Twitter, with the same toxic people in charge and same toxic nonsense before Elon took over.
11:39 AM - Apr 28, 2023
Autistic-led Advocacy in Canada
A
We reported straight up KKK-level memes & disinfo against Blacks & Jews WHILE JACK WAS CEO & Twitter did nothing. FUCK Blueski
11:27 PM - Apr 27, 2023
Mara Miro
A
As I have said before, there is no need to be negative to other twitter alternatives. I have a Post account that I love. I get great engagement and pleasant interactions. And I have this account. People will try various options and decide what works best for them.
10:20 PM - Apr 27, 2023
455 arf
A
In response to Mara Miro.
I'm on Post too. I don't see a problem with doing both.
11:37 AM - May 12, 2023
Hedy Lamarr
B
Excellent point!

Which is why I'm staying on Spoutable.
08:02 PM - Apr 27, 2023
Carol D ☮️
A
It’s easy to hype something when it’s brand new & the kinks haven’t been discovered yet, especially when it’s run by a known entity. (We humans are guilty of having short memories when it comes to bad experiences with certain people sometimes…) I expect Spoutible will win the long race though.
07:34 PM - Apr 27, 2023
Nel Bav
A
I am running far away from that old guard who lies, cajoles and harms the marginalized. I wish they would all disappear
07:27 PM - Apr 27, 2023
KiKiPosting
A
In response to Nel Bav.
07:42 PM - Apr 27, 2023
Mal
A
It’s like abusive relationships. People seem resigned to the idea that a toxic environment is all that’s available to them and is the best they can expect to get!

Thank you for Spoutible.
07:12 PM - Apr 27, 2023
American Resister
A
And women! The misogyny on Twitter was absolutely merciless and never ending. I feel like Spoutible protects its users and isn’t afraid to offend someone who’s being inappropriate. That’s the way it actually should be. This is the best social media atmosphere I’ve ever seen.
07:04 PM - Apr 27, 2023
Tammie Sylvia
A
In response to American Resister.
It truly is the best atmosphere! Christopher Bouzy doesn’t tolerate trolls on this platform, and it’s refreshing, isn’t it?
07:23 PM - Apr 27, 2023
Vee a lot of everything Happened
A
The difference between Jack and Musk is like the difference between Trump and DeSantis. Their objectives are the same, that being, one flaunts his agenda while the other one hides it...you figure it out. I did 4 sites before coming here, they all suck. @cbouzy has the secret sauce.
06:31 PM - Apr 27, 2023 (Edited)
Howard Chan
B
On the one hand, it's easy to jump on the bash Jack Dorsey bandwagon. On the other, it's not hard to look up facts regarding the way he managed Twitter when he was still the owner, so... what makes anyone think that Bluesky will somehow be better and/or NOT be a repeat of history?
06:17 PM - Apr 27, 2023
Matt Egan he/him/his
A
Post isn't bad, it's focus is different. I will say that the costs to access content are fucking absurd and getting worse, but it still has its use as a good place for longer writings, but it's never going to attract the same number of users as a site like this. I'll continue at both for now...
06:16 PM - Apr 27, 2023
R o K p h i s h
A
🎵🎶 Hit the road Jack and don't you come back no more, no more, no more, no more
Hit the road Jack and don't you come back no more 🎶🎵
06:10 PM - Apr 27, 2023
Jade In NM
A
I shall not be leaving Spoutible. It's that simple.
06:03 PM - Apr 27, 2023
Andrew Brodie
A
I first joined the bird in 2007, it was cool for a while.. then the last good number of years it shit the bed.
I am pretty sure you will not let that happen here on your watch.
05:55 PM - Apr 27, 2023
R.A. Roth
A
And Jack sat by idly as Russian bots infiltrated the Bird app to spread Collective Resignation and disinformation during the 2016 election, all of it aimed at getting Trump elected. Hardest of passes at Bluesky.
05:55 PM - Apr 27, 2023
uOMi
A
My thoughts exactly.
05:52 PM - Apr 27, 2023
Lizzy BOLDLY
A
and those with disabilities

and fat people

and all women
05:47 PM - Apr 27, 2023
Koren Lesthe
A
At the very least, the moderation was much, much better than what it is now.

French twitter *now* is an nightmare. Islamphobes and racists can tweet all the day and no matter how many time you report the user, you get nothing. They stay.
05:35 PM - Apr 27, 2023
Rosie2cat T
A
In response to Koren Lesthe.
We have that in UK. Extreme RW groups have been given verification ticks to spew out hatred, and no matter how many times they are reported they can just keep spewing because twitter seems to think they are legitimate.
They are not.
05:51 PM - Apr 27, 2023
Andrew DuPont
A
It's hard to believe people championing something so quickly when it's not even open to the public yet. What happens when everyone can join?
05:29 PM - Apr 27, 2023
{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}