Garden Breathe Spout
A
Last year, my elderly neighbor lost her hubby of 60+ years. She said she painfully wants to join him. Meanwhile, it is my duty to make sure she joins me for coffee once a week. I plea with her to allow me to help her do a little heavy lifting. She's stubborn but she's coming around.

This! 👇🏾
Mc Crispy @Topher_Ruggles
This summer is going to be rough. Remember to check in on the elders in your neighborhood/community, weekly.

Especially if they live alone, they're less likely to ask for assistance cause they "don't want to bother anyone".
03:52 PM - Apr 30, 2023
03:58 PM - Apr 30, 2023
Mark BK
A
In response to Garden Breathe Spout.
Love this....lost both my parents last yr. but I did get to stay with my father for a few months as primary caregiver at home hospice. far longer story than I wish to type. but got his community to regularly visit. It made a difference.
04:22 PM - Apr 30, 2023
Lisa W FirstWave
A
God Bless you and God Bless your neighbor. You are an great example of why #KindnessMatters . I bet she appreciates you. AWESOMENESS!!!!
04:18 PM - Apr 30, 2023
Garden Breathe Spout
A
In response to Lisa W FirstWave.
She and her hubby were kind but private people. They had no children. So I can't imagine how difficult it is for her to ask for help. I am respecting that. But I constantly remind her I'm just a few steps away. That she is never alone as long as I'm nextdoor. We are slowly creating our new way.
04:27 PM - Apr 30, 2023
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
My neighbors are close to their 70s. The husband retired but took another part-time job he enjoys mostly I think to not be around his wife. I always chat with her, check in, see if she needs things. She also has a grown daughter at home but she's busy living her life.
04:00 PM - Apr 30, 2023
Garden Breathe Spout
A
In response to Acey Deecey 🚀🚀.
Acey, this is beautiful. I hope you find as much joy as I find when I spend time with my elderly friend. She is such a lovely human being with lots of life left in her.
04:05 PM - Apr 30, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}