Nicole
A
My administrator suggested teachers are burned out & leaving the profession due in part to Covid 19. I’m so proud of myself for not flinching & instead saying: “actually, it’s the guns.” We can’t talk about the constant stress we feel because not wanting to die has been oddly politicized.
06:22 PM - Apr 30, 2023
Jaha Jay Hughes
B
In response to Nicole.
This is my plan to better America's Educational System. If you would like. Please review my plan. Your opinion would be great. I can adjust the plan to make it stronger. It is a lot reading, lol.
Take care, thanks.

https://www.jahahughes.com...
06:12 AM - Dec 03, 2023
Rnsilverlake
A
In response to Nicole.
The administrator would have known that if actually cared and asked those directly impacted versus using unsupported over-generalizations. It shows the deafness to all the recent gun incidents.
02:57 PM - Sep 09, 2023
Clarke
A
In response to Nicole.
I have to show this to my father. A 96 year old former schoolteacher.
07:53 AM - Sep 09, 2023
Jacsmoore @
A
In response to Nicole.
Politicians should stay the hell out of public education. Maybe put their energy into sensible gun control.

Perhaps rather than letting non professionals try to steer the public edu ship, we leave it up to degreed, licensed, professionals hmmm?
#LetTeachersTeach
02:29 AM - Sep 09, 2023
Ashanti- Na
A
In response to Jacsmoore @.
Education Is political, why it was illegal to teach slaves to read & write & Southern Whites are kept stupid Just heard an interesting BBC piece on Iran - who took away most all women's rights except education, now have smart women marching in the streets. Now putting on quotas.
06:29 AM - Sep 09, 2023
Stteve Aw
A
In response to Nicole.
Yep! There is the constant threat of gun violence, lack of parent and admin support, enormous class sizes, low pay and benefits, and you have to practically work until you are dead. Granted all of these aren't a problem everywhere, but I know a number of schools where it is.
07:55 AM - Aug 03, 2023
Anne R
A
In response to Nicole.
I agree with you. It is the guns and it’s also running education using a business model.
08:18 PM - May 02, 2023
MsFahrenheit
A
In response to Nicole.
I'm proud of you too.
04:46 PM - May 02, 2023
J.D. Cunegan
A
In response to Nicole.
COVID, guns, low pay, having to buy supplies out of pocket, harassment from parents and administration, lack of support...
03:03 PM - May 02, 2023
Dıanna
A
In response to Nicole.
10:04 PM - Apr 30, 2023
Janarchy
A
In response to Nicole.
I have friends who left because of the guns AND the censorship AND the parents who think they know better than educators but also don't want to be responsible for anything.
09:42 PM - Apr 30, 2023
Nicole
A
In response to Janarchy.
There are a multitude of very legitimate reasons for any teacher to chose to leave. But when I said “it’s the guns” she turned white as a ghost. It’s the thing teachers everywhere are not allowed to say. We don’t even talk about school shootings the next day. Not one damn peep. It’s toxic.
07:59 PM - May 01, 2023
Cre8ve2
A
In response to Nicole.
its also due to poor treatment and a lack of respect
06:23 PM - Apr 30, 2023
Nicole
A
In response to Cre8ve2.
Absolutely. Huge increase in contentious meetings. No fun at all.
06:24 PM - Apr 30, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}