SeattleBlueGull
A
In response to Joyful WarriorBear.
I grew up outside of D.C., and I remember that question being asked. Probably multiple times. When Spiro Agnew resigned, there was talk that he didn't need to be replaced since he did nothing anyway, bringing up the exact same question...
07:26 PM - Dec 02, 2023
Joseph Kolacinski
A
This is funny, but it's ahistorical. Until Carter made Mondale an actual team member most Vice-Presidents mainly spent their time waiting for calamity to happen.

Of course, this criticism today has a nastier undertone.

Exhibit A:

#TomLehrer #HubertHumphrey #vicepresidentkamalaharris
"Whatever Became of You, Hubert?" Tom Lehrer - YouTube

From THAT WAS THE WEEK THAT WAS, a song about LBJ's VP Hubert Humphrey - and how little attention he was paid....

11:14 PM - Sep 21, 2023
frog_enabler
A
Well, as a French speaking diplomat, she helped to unite all of Europe, probably for the 1st time in history, to fight RU and to help UA. Not really a minor accomplishment if you ask me. Selling bad press against a black woman is so easy, that no one should believe a word of it, Please!
07:26 PM - May 07, 2023
Marie Guenther
A
A million times this!
05:12 PM - May 03, 2023
Rose Shasteen
A
Can we ask what Dan Quayle did? Besides arguing about how to spell “potatoes”.
04:40 PM - May 01, 2023
LISA LIPSCOMB
A
Yasssss so True......
10:05 AM - May 01, 2023
Robin Lowe
A
I keep hearing stuff about Kamala not solving the border crisis. Really? Exactly what have hundreds of white men done about the border crisis over the last 20 years and you're expecting her to walk in, wave her magic wand and say "Voila! It's fixed". I. Just. Can't.
07:37 AM - May 01, 2023 (Edited)
kyrssy #2024 #YearOfConvictions
A
I wore my Kamala hat, from when she was running for Prez, at volunteer opportunity today AND EVERYONE loved it & asked where I got it. The media drives the anti Kamala narrative IMHO 🤷🏻‍♀️
11:05 PM - Apr 30, 2023
Indigo
A
10:52 PM - Apr 30, 2023
Lori Capron
B
Kamala is so much tougher than those Jerks know! #BidenHarris2024
10:33 PM - Apr 30, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}