Steven Beschloss
A
This “may sound a bit like a Hallmark card, thoroughly uncool in a world that values cynical detachment, but I do think there are times to act with as much purity of heart as one can muster. The effect can be contagious.”
https://america.substack.c...
01:49 PM - May 01, 2023
Connell McGrath
A
In response to Steven Beschloss.
Nice piece! Sincerity requires no justification. The world does not value cynicism. Some people value it, but they're not the majority - they're just loud about it. Sincerity is quiet but strong.
10:04 AM - May 03, 2023
Matt Egan he/him/his
A
Beautiful essay that the entire country would benefit from reading and meditating on. I recently lost a loved one, so this writing really hit me hard. I can't overstate just how badly the MAGA crowd would benefit from the realization that kindness is our only way forward, hatred causes devolution
01:55 AM - May 02, 2023
Allison West
A
This is lovely, Steve. Thank you for writing this piece.
12:08 AM - May 02, 2023
Brick Mckenna
A
I truly miss when neighbors, families and friends showed compassion, empathy, love and kindness. It such an ugly world right now. The screaming, the threats, the dehumanizing rhetoric. The general seething of hate.
06:55 PM - May 01, 2023
Teri TaverasDeJesus
B
Love President Biden! He will go down in history for all the good things he has done for this country! The wisest, most experienced, and most compassionate president in modern history!
02:23 PM - May 01, 2023 (Edited)
Mac McIntosh
A
Compassion is exactly what's missing in ~30% of the country.
01:51 PM - May 01, 2023
ann heffner
A
In response to Mac McIntosh.
sadly a lot of that 30% are missing a lot more than just compassion.
01:57 PM - May 01, 2023
IMO
A
In response to Mac McIntosh.
And empathy IMO.
01:56 AM - May 02, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}