RA
A
thread 1/2
If you think Spoutible is a political echo chamber, have you considered that the tone here may actually be reflecting what real people think when social media isn't overrun by paid trolls, bots, and hatemongers?
11:08 AM - May 05, 2023
Doug Horne
A
thread 2/2
REAL human conversation has guidelines, appropriate ways of expressing oneself, and criteria of proof. It's not a free-for-all unless you're a complete jerk. Twitter is a free-for-all and those who choose to behave horribly dominate with zero accountability. Leave it to the jerks.
11:26 AM - May 05, 2023
Carol Glynn
B
In response to RA.
This is what I see.
08:57 PM - May 13, 2023
Vuyelwa Ncube
A
In response to RA.
I am fascinated that people want to hear perspectives of (I suppose as many are 🇺🇸 here) Republicans. I am not from USA but I know what their perspectives are. They are infecting the world with it. These evangelicals are in Africa. We are dealing with the fallout. They can keep their views.
09:29 AM - May 08, 2023
Tammie Sylvia
A
In response to RA.
Truth!
10:50 AM - May 06, 2023
Katy VotingBlue
A
In response to RA.
Personally, I'm here to keep informed about politics.

For me, the best thing about Twitter was the pulse on the news & reading opinions (especially with supporting proof.) I learned so much, now I can hardly find news topics. Anyway, more politics, news, opinions, facts, not less.
#Politics
09:25 PM - May 05, 2023
Dana Hurley
A
In response to Katy VotingBlue.
Me too. Twitter was my news aggregator with comments. Now I’m primarily just using the news app on the iPhone but without comments.
12:27 PM - May 06, 2023
Scott Stitham
A
In response to RA.
I think society moves forward as a process, where people exchange different understandings and perspectives to persuade and build consensus. That doesn’t happen on SM because people are quick to misconstrue, label and dismiss. It’s a vacuum here, hard to find nuance or perspective.
12:09 PM - May 05, 2023
Steve Nelson
A
In response to RA.
I suspect the ratio in this graphic has shifted even more towards an even smaller red percentage.
And, remember BOTs don’t vote.
12:01 PM - May 05, 2023
Dean Nelson
A
In response to Steve Nelson.
What is this based on?
11:49 AM - May 06, 2023
scribblegurl
A
In response to Steve Nelson.
I don't care about the public, I care about voters. And they are 45% of the voting public.
05:20 PM - Oct 28, 2023
Nazerith Spates
B
In response to RA.
I honestly wanted to come here because I was tired of asking for a invite code to blue sky but knowing some of the bad things on that app I rather just quit asking for a invite code and I consider myself more of a independent than anything
11:53 AM - May 05, 2023
Stewart Tan
A
In response to RA.
Agree 💯

It’s similar to when people / organizations try to use the “both sides” argument (CNN being a recent example). Both sides only works when there are 2 sides. When the dominant majority of the other side is a cult, not much to discuss 🤷🏻‍♂️
11:34 AM - May 05, 2023
Simon Sands
A
In response to RA.
Spoutible is way and far more than just a political echo chamber...but I get your meaning....
11:34 AM - May 05, 2023
RA
A
In response to Simon Sands.
I agree, but so many concern trolls are complaining about it!! 🙄
11:35 AM - May 05, 2023
Jack Mcgraw
A
In response to RA.
Excellent point
11:32 AM - May 05, 2023
Pamela B'well
A
In response to RA.
My thinking exactly. When I see those comments, I wonder if it’s a case of “old habits are hard to break,” or maybe this atmosphere isn’t for folks who do like to argue. Some people crave the heat. It’s familiar to them.

I’ve seen decently presented discourse here. I hope we keep it that way.
11:28 AM - May 05, 2023
RA
A
In response to Pamela B'well.
Having only been a lurker on twttr, it's hard for me to understand the mentality fully, but I think it has to do with people coming to social media with their fight or flight response engaged. If experience tells you that you are under attack on social media, then you will use it differently.
11:31 AM - May 05, 2023
The 3rd Corey
A
In response to RA.
#Twitter has become a sensory deprivation chamber where you are gaslit so hard that you lose any sense of what real actual ppl think.

To my 👁️ many of the “good” #bluecheck I follow there seems more hysterical & desperate. And it’s the conditions. So unhealthy.
11:19 AM - May 05, 2023
RA
A
In response to The 3rd Corey.
I had a similar realization last week when I heard that Tucker Carlson only had 3 million viewers -- less than 1% of Americans. The white supremacists are acting like they are in the majority when they are a tiny minority getting outsized attention and power.
11:21 AM - May 05, 2023
The 3rd Corey
A
In response to The 3rd Corey.
This place will change as more diversity (of opinions) joins, the tone here will change a bit I’m sure.

But the guardrails are in place. The community here is committed to fairness & decency. It’s all you can ask. #Spoutible 🐳
11:22 AM - May 05, 2023
Barbara Edelman
A
In response to RA.
💯. it’s like being at a gathering with interesting people who know what’s acceptable social behavior & practice it online. if that’s an echo chamber, so be it. fwiw, i’ve encountered some trash opinions here, which i either ignore or disagree with, but if i do disagree, i don’t suggest anyone
11:11 AM - May 05, 2023
Barbara Edelman
A
In response to Barbara Edelman.
kill themselves, attempt a pile on, incite doxxing, insult their appearance, ethnicity, or sexuality. i also don’t refer to their opinion as garbage. it’s ok to keep that to myself. there’s no question that i behave better here than i did on shitter, tho the worst i ever posted was “drop dead.”
11:15 AM - May 05, 2023
Pamela B'well
A
In response to Barbara Edelman.
Off-topic: just discovered you here, @barbaraedelman .

We followed each other over there. Nice to come upon your Spoutible account.
11:32 AM - May 05, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}