Misha Ellison
A
Some lament "politics" here.
Some are going to hate this spout.
Maybe you.

Politics are people.
And many people are under attack.

You lament "politics". What a luxury.

What a luxury to not be among the people under constant attack. For you, "politics" is nuisance.

For them it's life and death.
06:12 PM - May 05, 2023
Hairy Pooper
A
In response to Misha Ellison.
and the local scold chimes in explaining the obvious like its the first expression of relativity.
10:36 AM - Jan 01, 2024 (Edited)
Misha Ellison
A
In response to Hairy Pooper.
Ah. Are you the dude that needs a block?
01:26 PM - Jan 01, 2024
Misha Ellison
A
In response to Hairy Pooper.
It’s not looking good Pooper.
01:58 PM - Jan 01, 2024
Mlb Anx
A
Amen!
11:09 PM - Sep 18, 2023
Stefen Tower
A
As an LGBTQ person, I am marginalized and I feel my existence threatened regularly.
That said, even the most political should make time for fun, at least for their own mental/physical health.
Politics is fine by me, but self-care is fine too. And those who "can't stand the politics!!1!" can mute.
11:57 AM - Sep 17, 2023
Just Piper
A
Hear, hear!!
11:52 AM - Sep 17, 2023
Jean Clark
A
Once upon a time I had a friend who had a MAGA boyfriend. I asked how she could spend time with him. She said oh, we don’t talk about politics so we get along fine. I suggested that politics mirror someone’s values and her values and his were opposite. She didn’t see it that way. Former friend.
02:24 PM - May 07, 2023
Misha Ellison
A
In response to Jean Clark.
That’s always an interesting one to me.

“I just don’t talk politics with my xxx and we get along fine.”

She’s showing her values. Comfort over conflict, comfort over justice.

It’s not that she doesn’t value justice. She does. She just values comfort more.
02:26 PM - May 07, 2023
James A Clark Jr
A
OK I'm going to say this.. To everyone whether you are into politics or not. It is not a game. Please vote i every election you are eligible to vote in. NOT just for president. Primaries, mid terms, general elections, school boards, Judges, mayors, etc. Get involved!
12:18 PM - May 07, 2023
David James
A
If the world wasn’t as crappy as it is politics would not even be an issue! Our lives are comparatively short, but decade after decade we continue to fight each-other rather than fight the problems, and make life better for people.
08:54 AM - May 07, 2023
Deborah Winfrey Keene
A
They want to decide what others can speak on! Get out! They should be more selective of who they follow. Simple solution.
08:10 AM - May 06, 2023
RobPalmerIRL (he/him/his)
A
Yes, this is true. If anything, now if I find something that affects everybody badly, I WILL post and inform and encourage people to spread the word.
03:25 AM - May 06, 2023
Max Prophet
A
02:10 AM - May 06, 2023
Atheist Spinster
A
Reminds me of back in the blog days, when it was the 1st anniversary of Katrina, and some allegedly-upper-crust wannabes were bitching about my "angry" posts, because those hausfraus wanted to be *entertained.* Suburbanites shouldn't have "invited" me to give them free labor, huh. Keep at it, Misha.
08:11 PM - May 05, 2023
Mary OContrary
A
I don’t think people intend to be tone deaf, yet that’s precisely how they come across when they complain about “too much politics”.

Marginalized groups are literally in a fight for their right to exist, and we’re here every day fighting very real threats of fascism. We need to be LOUD, not silent
06:41 PM - May 05, 2023
Dr.XVI is the Wrong Crowd
A
In response to Mary OContrary.
Marginalized people are purposefully suppressed. That is because of politics. Those that lament "too much politics" don't feel the suppression, but add to it! So...phuk 'em.
07:19 PM - May 06, 2023
Arthur Grupp
A
In response to Mary OContrary.
Why i left facebook.
08:41 PM - May 06, 2023
Shawn Scott
A
Thank you Misha.
06:34 PM - May 05, 2023
Jennifer Moore Baker
A
I understand life balance, but it is hard to smell the flowers when your house is burning to the ground. (Metaphorically speaking)
06:23 PM - May 05, 2023

Only followers of this user (FruitFacedFruitKace) can see their posts

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}