Robyn Stewart
A
My daily reminder:

“Vote Blue No Matter Who” is a stupid, lazy slogan.
Most slogans are.
YOU are responsible for the vetting of candidates.
NOT the Party.
NOT the media.
YOU.

Go to events.
Ask questions.
Research public voting history.
Research community activity.

BE AN INFORMED VOTER.
05:32 PM - May 08, 2023
JC_🇺🇸
A
In response to Robyn Stewart.
Can you imagine voting for Tulsi Gabbard, Robert Kennedy Jr, Kyrsten Sinema and having to live with that and explain that kind of mistake?
02:41 PM - Oct 09, 2023
Robyn Stewart
A
In response to JC_🇺🇸.
Never ever.
03:25 PM - Oct 09, 2023
Poscott
A
And then vote for the best of the blue
11:49 PM - Aug 31, 2023
Blue Soul
A
I do my homework. I know the positions and the voting records of the candidates I’m voting for. But I also know that in this moment in history given the cravenness that the party as a whole has displayed, there isn’t a Republican breathing that I would even consider voting for.
09:30 AM - Aug 07, 2023
M Wortman
A
In response to Blue Soul.
Same!
11:10 AM - Aug 07, 2023
Sue_in_SF
A
In response to Blue Soul.
As long as the Republican Party refuses to participate in democracy, suppresses votes, attempts to enact one party rule, they should never get a single vote.
11:31 AM - Aug 07, 2023
Susan Paine
A
Thank you!!
As a candidate (for reelection) I want people to ask candidates “How will your leadership show up …” for a multitude of important topics. I’m tired of working with people who don’t have a clue about community needs.
09:48 PM - Aug 06, 2023
Irminsul Harp
A
This spout was removed because the account associated with it was suspended.
08:37 PM - Jul 12, 2023
Barbara Edelman
A
took me long enough, but due to #Hags4Hitler running for school board spots, i stopped taking “dem” candidate claims at face value.
02:03 PM - Jul 12, 2023
Robyn Stewart
A
In response to Barbara Edelman.
Good.💙
05:40 PM - Jul 12, 2023
💜 Callie 💜
A
I’m old enough to remember the Koch’s announcing that they were going to “begin backing Dems” 🤦🏽‍♀️ and folks thought they had a sudden epiphany and were abandoning their decades-long attack on democracy. Nope. The “Jim Justice tactic” worked. They’ll do it, as long as it works.
06:07 PM - Jul 10, 2023
Robyn Stewart
A
In response to 💜 Callie 💜.
The truth we always see.💚
09:36 AM - Jul 11, 2023
Catherine Gramze
A
With one of the latest GOP tricks being to run a right-wing candidate as a Dem, to avoid an actual Dem running in blue areas, vetting of candidates is essential.
11:39 AM - May 30, 2023
TrevWriter
A
In response to Catherine Gramze.
I've been warning people about this for decades. The GOP first began this tactic in the 1990s, at the local level, and have now moved on to higher offices because we failed to nip it in the bud when it would have been easier to do so.
01:25 PM - May 30, 2023
Honey and pepper and roses en déshabillé
A
Vote blue is just the final step in a long process. And it means nothing if the "D" flips to "R" once they've snookered us all into voting for them. Blue coats keep turning red.
05:02 PM - May 09, 2023
Robyn Stewart
A
In response to Honey and pepper and roses en déshabillé.
If voters do their due diligence and vet candidate during primaries, like checking voting histories that are public record, then they have met their responsibility as informed voters. That has not been the case - they have been fans of rhetoric.
05:47 PM - May 09, 2023
H Oakley
B
I'll always vote blue.
The worst Dem is better than the best Repub and it will probably be that way throughout the remainder of my voting years.
05:51 PM - May 08, 2023
Robyn Stewart
A
In response to H Oakley.
That wasn’t what I said. People are now running as Dems then switching. They do this because voters don’t check histories then want something to be done after the fact. Primaries are for vetting. Voters need to be responsible.
06:24 PM - May 08, 2023
⚛️Shawn Athan
A
In the primaries. Once it gets to the main election there aren't many choices left...
05:39 PM - May 08, 2023
Robyn Stewart
A
In response to ⚛️Shawn Athan.
Exactly. Our job isn’t to be fans of folks during primaries. Primaries are our vetting season.
09:04 AM - May 09, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}