cαяlα
A
ANOTHER THREAD: this is why i keep explaining to people that "hispanic" or "latino/a/e/x" are useless labels in latin america. we are not a monolith. we are a melting pot of many races and ethnicities, and hispanic people can be plenty racist, even among themselves. [1/5]
04:45 AM - May 09, 2023
cαяlα
A
In response to cαяlα.
why can hispanic people so easily fall into white supremacy? when they get to places like the US and europe, "passing" is a survival mechanism. i say this as someone who can pass. in my country, i'm white. [2/5]
04:46 AM - May 09, 2023
cαяlα
A
In response to cαяlα.
and outside my country, it took some mental adjustment to realize i didn't count as white anymore.

i've gotten some racist microaggressions in my life, though nowhere near the level a hispanic person with darker skin would. [3/5]
04:47 AM - May 09, 2023
cαяlα
A
but convincing yourself that you are "white" (as defined by these foreign countries) can also lead to convincing yourself you are superior.

many hispanic immigrants to the US look down on undocumented migrants because they "didn't do it the right way." [4/5]
In response to cαяlα.
04:47 AM - May 09, 2023
cαяlα
A
In response to cαяlα.
hispanic immigrants are some of the most conservative people in this hemisphere. if you think they can't be racist or they can't think themselves superior to other ethnic groups, think again.

and stop looking for excuses. it's the guns. whoever the shooter is, it's the guns. [5/5]
04:48 AM - May 09, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}