Professor Kyle
A
thread 1/1
It's kind of sad to me people come here & see some kind of hollow wasteland with no algorithm to tell them what to think & do. I see Spoutible, after only 3 months, as a vibrant community with diverse people & ideas, tons of interaction, but way less trolls & bigotry than Twitter.
01:10 PM - May 11, 2023
Carol Lovely
A
In response to Professor Kyle.
My happy place
10:49 AM - May 13, 2023
Stewart Tan
A
People didn't pickup their bad habits on twit overnight, it will take time to unlearn those habits (where the algorithm shapes your viewpoint)
11:08 PM - May 12, 2023
PS Annie
A
Meanwhile, the bird app has become a sewer full of violent imagery and Nazis... and it getting worse.
03:20 AM - May 12, 2023
yO_Ocean
A
It’s like those powerful algorithms are a type of mind control that spoon feed content into people’s psyches & now that feels normal. #Spoutible takes a little bit of intention to set up but the payoffs of civility and kind engagement are well worth it. Oh & it’s not scary here. Thanks cbou
01:02 AM - May 12, 2023 (Edited)
Whale World! Party Time! Excellent!
A
I still remember my early days on the bird app. It seemed very bland and generic. Then I started following people, & following who they retweeted. Then learned to ensure not to just follow cis white hetero men, & actively looked for other voices. You have to do the same here, people! #Spoutible
12:56 AM - May 12, 2023
Mark GranPaw C
A
In response to Whale World! Party Time! Excellent!.
11:02 AM - May 13, 2023
Sunonymous
A
Reminiscent of yahoo chat (for any of you old enough to remember)?
12:09 AM - May 12, 2023
Vuyelwa Ncube
A
People are addicted to drama
People like what they know even if it's toxicity
People like to put down anything that doesn't feel familiar
People are not willing to change
To love and appreciate #Spoutible you need emotional intelligence
To add to the community you show kindness
#I❤Spoutible
08:41 PM - May 11, 2023
Mark Wilson, MD
A
Totally agree
08:29 PM - May 11, 2023
Alisa DupreFirstWave
A
I love that there are not a million posts - spouting (see what I did) hate, lies and harassing people. I don’t spout as much as I was but that’s because May and June are a lot right now. I love the variety of posts, yes politics, but also movies, books, cooking and music, so yeah not a wasteland…
08:25 PM - May 11, 2023
Lynda Bee
A
I do like it here, I want to like it more. It's heavily US focussed, and I find myself peripheral more often than not. It's quite understandable, and it is still early days, but for now I'll be hanging around Twitter a while longer.
05:56 PM - May 11, 2023
Jasmine A.
A
This spout was removed because the account associated with it was suspended.
05:50 PM - May 11, 2023
Jeanne Davies
A
Same
04:57 PM - May 11, 2023
HeartDoc Andrew
A
This spout was removed because the account associated with it was suspended.
04:09 PM - May 11, 2023
Jennifer Deering
A
It has been hard to admit to myself that I was addicted to the rage on Twitter. I followed only like-minded people, but after 10 minutes, I spent the entire day being angry. I don't feel that here.
03:47 PM - May 11, 2023
Professor Kyle
A
In response to Jennifer Deering.
Right?? It's much better in that sense.
04:24 PM - May 11, 2023
Carmen Gonzalez
A
This is a nice platform. I find more interaction with real comments and questions coming in at Counter.Social, but Spoutible is still growing and the added features certainly make it inviting.
03:34 PM - May 11, 2023
stephanie roberts
A
a friend's mother used to say, "You're bored because you're boring."
🤷🏾‍♀️
03:33 PM - May 11, 2023
Professor Kyle
A
In response to stephanie roberts.
Perfect.
04:25 PM - May 11, 2023
Sitara 68
A
Not sure who is saying that. Love my Spoutible community. Point them towards the Canadians. At least they will laugh. If the big accounts are complaining, that is because they are used to the algos doing the work for them. They don't want to have to work for their engagement.
03:01 PM - May 11, 2023 (Edited)
Professor Kyle
A
In response to Sitara 68.
Exactly.
04:26 PM - May 11, 2023
Dan Wentzel
A
Some people need to decompress from the drama and conflict of Twitter.

We are the algorithm through our boosts, follows, and interaction. It takes some getting used to for people who want an algorithm to do the work for them.
03:01 PM - May 11, 2023
Kalind
A
The site having no algorithms is a good thing since it’s encouraging all of us to create productive conversations. Wasn’t the case on Facebook and Twitter since far too many vented out anger in unproductive ways
02:36 PM - May 11, 2023
Helaine The Pain
A
In response to Kalind.
So how do you get get content here?
03:27 PM - May 11, 2023
Reclusive Jerk
A
I don’t post often, but I still have had more engagement here on Spoutible since February than I did with over a decade of Twitter. This is the best social media site I’ve ever used, to be honest.
01:51 PM - May 11, 2023
Professor Kyle
A
In response to Reclusive Jerk.
Yeah, I would also say I have more engagement, and certainly more followers than I had after 3 months than 8 years on Twitter.
02:27 PM - May 11, 2023
Christopher Page
A
In response to Reclusive Jerk.
I'm surprised how many likes and echoes i get on some posts. I'm not sure HOW some of these folks saw my posts or WHY they found them worthy, but yeah.. still more action than the bird.
I hope the community continues to grow. Just needs time I think.
03:28 PM - May 11, 2023
{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}