Mary OContrary
A
thread 1/2
Chief Justice Roberts received Judge Dannenberg’s letter of resignation from the Supreme Court Bar on Wednesday.

The letter, reprinted in full within this article, cites his loss of faith in the Supreme Court as his reason for resigning.

His letter does not mince words. 👇🏼

#SupremeCourt
01:57 AM - May 14, 2023
Mary OContrary
A
thread 2/2
Correction: The resignation letter was tendered in Mar 2020 during TFGs presidency.

If you read the letter, his words ring even more true today, which is quite spectacular.

What makes it worse is Justice Roberts chose NOT to heed his warning.

So here we are.
03:14 AM - May 14, 2023
Carmen Derbedrossian
A
In response to Mary OContrary.
There we go, The Federalist Society, yes THE problem “society” for our country. A club of sorts, a gang of sorts, the big Capo being Leonard Leo. The letter was written in 2020, but his words I’m sure will be taught in Constitutional Law at some point. 🇺🇸 God Bless the USA🇺🇸
12:18 PM - Nov 02, 2023
Kristine G
A
This is FIRE and I applaud Dannenberg for laying into Roberts, the biggest corp RW shill of the entire court. He's absolutely right about his legacy, which is and will be mud.
09:27 AM - Nov 02, 2023
William Turner
A
This spout was removed because the account associated with it was suspended.
01:16 AM - Oct 31, 2023
Really Doihaveto
A
In response to William Turner.
It bears repeating.
07:58 AM - Oct 31, 2023
Snarky Posts
B
Let it sink in that he’s been a member of the Supreme Court Bar since 1972. 50 years. Not inconsequential.
02:00 PM - Oct 12, 2023
SueBee Honey
A
Wow! Perfect example of being verbally taken out back to the woodshed.
12:15 PM - Oct 06, 2023
Michelle Johnson
A
I’m shocked I’ve not seen this before now. Thanks for sharing.
01:41 AM - Sep 22, 2023
Susan Sampson
A
In response to Michelle Johnson.
It probably got drowned out by most folks/media because of COVID and since the previous administration had a fire hose of distractions going on 24/7, I am not surprised this fell through the cracks.
11:50 AM - Oct 06, 2023
Penelope Lowder
A
In response to Michelle Johnson.
Yeah right. I’d not seen it before either.
12:05 PM - Oct 06, 2023
Crystal May
A
"I believe that the Court majority, under your leadership, has become little more than a result-oriented extension of the right wing of the Republican Party, as vetted by the Federalist Society."
We agree!
02:07 AM - Aug 27, 2023
Crystal May
A
"The only constitutional freedoms ultimately recognized may soon be limited to those useful to wealthy, Republican, White, straight, Christian, and armed males— and the corporations they control. This is wrong. Period. This is not America."
He's right. Scary right.
09:59 PM - May 14, 2023
Matt Egan he/him/his
A
Wow! That certainly is scathing isn't it? I wish the people who need to read it would ever actually see it. No conservative media of any format is going to cover this, it'll never breach the diagetic reality the far right has constructed for itself to keep disinformation bullshit pipeline flowing
08:49 PM - May 14, 2023
TwentyTwentyUSA
A
"The legal conservatism I have respected... I can no longer say that with any confidence.

"You are doing far more— and far worse– than 'calling balls and strikes.' You are allowing the Court to become an 'errand boy' for an administration that has little respect for the rule of law."

💔💔💔
08:26 PM - May 14, 2023
Tamara E
A
Wow! He nailed everything, with accuracy. I have utmost respect for this move.
04:52 PM - May 14, 2023
Indigo
A
It's a shame that the Supreme Court Bar is losing someone who seems to be an honorable individual, especially when those appear to be far and few between lately. Smh
01:41 PM - May 14, 2023
A work in progress
A
If only anything made a difference to the weak Roberts and his court of runaway hyenas.
09:55 AM - May 14, 2023
Lisa
A
That had to be hard for him as I am sure he enjoyed his work… All I can think right now is Bravo! Saying the quiet part out loud! Speaking up for true justice & rule of law.
02:50 AM - May 14, 2023
Mary OContrary
A
In response to Lisa.
He enjoyed a lifetime career on the SC Bar. It had to be difficult to go out knowing that everything he spent his life working towards was basically going up in flames.
02:53 AM - May 14, 2023
Carla Vivarttas
B
The letter is from three years ago - March 2020. It is very well written but the SC has been exposed to be even worse.
02:19 AM - May 14, 2023
Reece Martin
A
In response to Carla Vivarttas.
Oh man, that's disappointing. So all the responses he's made to congress' request for Roberts to come to congress have happened SINCE Roberts got the letter.
02:57 AM - May 14, 2023
K Inspire2
A
In response to Carla Vivarttas.
Exactly! Don't even get me started on C Thomas and his wife who while not on the SC, surely seems to have a lot of power. SMH in a sense of being married to him. It's such a mess!
06:13 AM - Nov 03, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}