Ami Berger
A
The toxic plume created by the explosion contains phosgene, which was literally used as a chemical weapon in WWI, and this entire thing is getting less attention than Spy Balloon Part II Electric Boogaloo.
11:38 AM - Feb 12, 2023
Ind_Pens4
A
In response to Ami Berger.
The OH train crash is not getting anywhere near the press it should. It’s an environmental disaster and could be a health disaster.
https://threadreaderapp.co...
06:51 PM - Feb 13, 2023
Richie Peterson
A
What local media is truly left? The consolidation of newspapers and local television station’s has left the USA with few independent media outlets. That being said, this should be getting national media attention for the significant disaster and threat to life that has occurred.
04:57 PM - Feb 12, 2023
jaxon
A
besides the newsmax reporter being arrested (I'm sure dewine was pleased), all relative details are being muted by 2 faced Dewine & company and the rail industry because, you know, all about money
03:04 PM - Feb 12, 2023
Jennifer Moore Baker
A
So we have the First Energy bribery scandal and now this. Lucky me I live in Ohio!
12:22 PM - Feb 12, 2023
Christopher Day
A
I live in Ohio and can vouch for the fact that even local media isn’t covering this story (not to mention the proto-fascist East Palestine police department arresting a journalist b/c the adjutant-general of OH Nat’l Guard was afraid of him).
12:01 PM - Feb 12, 2023
Ami Berger
A
In response to Christopher Day.
my god this is horrifying. I'm so sorry you're experiencing this.
12:03 PM - Feb 12, 2023
Buckeyedotcom
A
Leave it to the Guardian to cover a news story that should be dominating local and national news…
11:56 AM - Feb 12, 2023
Ami Berger
A
In response to Buckeyedotcom.
SERIOUSLY. Where is the local media? National media?
12:03 PM - Feb 12, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}