Andrea Junker
A
I need someone to explain to me why it’s always “if you can’t pay rent, buy fewer lattes and avocado toasts” and not “if you can’t pay your employees a living wage, buy fewer yachts and real estate”.

Explain it to me like I’m in kindergarten.
10:25 AM - May 19, 2023
Carol Glynn
B
In response to Andrea Junker.
Perfectly put!
01:59 PM - Jan 11, 2024
Hercule Poirot
A
It's the old story of the haves & have-nots. It goes back to when man started walking upright; It's in our DNA. Those who have it don't want to lose it & look down on the have-nots. This goes on infinitum until the have-nots have had enough & rise up & are put down. Poverty is a vicious cycle.
03:55 PM - Oct 02, 2023
Bandele Ganiyu
B
In response to Hercule Poirot.
Yep, since the Vikings, biblical times all the way threw history the kings born to it, to now it's always been 'the haves and the have-nots.' Its also intertwined with other things as well, eg, 'control, greed. power.'
05:06 PM - Nov 10, 2023
ANDY FRIZZELL
A
👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
01:27 AM - Jul 13, 2023
Anella Marie
A
Poor people are not allowed to enjoy any pleasure in life.
07:08 PM - Jun 05, 2023
2Beer Todd
A
Money controls the narrative?
09:27 AM - May 24, 2023
Linda
A
It started in the 80's with Reagan convincing people that trickle down economics would work.

Then the corporations convinced people that if they gave their front line workers raises they would need to raise prices and that no one would be able to afford that. -
09:27 PM - May 22, 2023
Linda
A
In response to Linda.
- all the while not bothering to address how out of control top brass salaries and stock options had become.

Then the supreme court stepped up the plate and said that corporations were people.
09:30 PM - May 22, 2023
Lisa Hannon
A
06:55 PM - May 21, 2023
Clarke
A
In response to Lisa Hannon.
Wow, those lattes are expensive. Glad I have never had one.
01:01 PM - May 22, 2023
Kay Elle
A
Amen
08:05 AM - May 21, 2023
Cody Pendant
B
Once upon a time, some Christo-fascists formed a shining nation on a hill, but they only had natural resources to exploit for riches, so they abducted people from far away to work for free, and they became very rich. Then 9/11 happened and they went to war with everyone, including their own people..
05:44 PM - May 19, 2023
Lisse (she/her)
A
The masters of manipulation, greed and gaslighting do this to get into the psyche of conscious people. Ironically, this does not work for their followers, most who are demographically in the same position. Their feelings of Superiority make them completely oblivious
01:05 PM - May 19, 2023
Mordko Rainer
A
What is a “living wage” and why would anyone pay wages to a dead person?
11:54 AM - May 19, 2023
Vee a lot of everything Happened
A
I saw someone posting the avocado toast shit on here the other day, like it has nothing to do with the economics of the situation, same goes with the student loan BS, folks saying well I paid mine.. yeah but there weren't lenders specifically designed to prey upon students back then. WTAF???
11:22 AM - May 19, 2023
Bruno and Augie’s Dad
A
In response to Vee a lot of everything Happened.
The avocado toast thing is like a burn from Biff Tannen. It doesn't have to make sense, all that matters is that Biff sees that it annoyed you. That encourages them to keep using it.

(Avocado toast costs less than a dollar a serving, cheaper than a bowl of cereal, way cheaper than a McMuffin.)
11:38 AM - May 19, 2023
George Johnston
A
It's good to be in charge of the cookie jar.
11:18 AM - May 19, 2023
Susan Simon
A
Bercause ever since Reagan we've been brainwashed to think that the world is divided into makers + takers. It isn't. I've known lots of poor + lower income folks as well as monied. Most of the takers I've know are greedy, narcissistic top cats. Only one taker among the poor. Just my experience 🤷
11:08 AM - May 19, 2023
Jack Mcgraw
A
The very rich frame the discussion by controlling/owning the media, social media channels, and conservative politicians.

They have spent time and money, putting the onus on the people, to avoid blame, and prevent equality.
10:45 AM - May 19, 2023
K Ray
A
It's the game of Monopoly, just with real money, real people, and actual real estate....and the goal is to bankrupt everyone else. It's working as designed...by laws, regulations (or lack thereof), and help from their judicial friends.
10:37 AM - May 19, 2023 (Edited)
TrevWriter
A
Yeeesssss
10:36 AM - May 19, 2023
Brenda Smith
B
You are bang on!!!!
10:27 AM - May 19, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}