Sarah Smith
A
thread 1/9
The Duffer brothers and Alex Gibney sit in folding directors chairs.

“It’s the 90’s, Russel Crowe, so get your cellphone off set!” yells Gibney.

Crowe throws.

“Lights, camera, action!” Calls a Duffer. Camera close on Rusty, massaging his forehead.

#ThreadChallenge
09:20 PM - May 19, 2023
Sarah Smith
A
thread 2/9
Baron: “These damn greenies! The cost of production keeps going up! McBoffin! Tell me some good news!”

McBoffin (Matt Frewer): “Politicians are cheaper and lobbying costs are down sir. Equatorial Guinea is producing well, the people are exploited there & our margins are looking great!”
10:42 PM - May 19, 2023
Sarah Smith
A
thread 3/9
OB: “Nerd! I mean the cost of buying physicists & producing anti-global warming FUD! This jerk Al Gore, and his NASA friends are killing me! You’re fired!”

Ammo Bumpstock, Head of Security (Dave Bautista): “You want I should?” [slaps magazine into gun]

Baron: “Hmmm…” [interrupted by phone ringing]
10:44 PM - May 19, 2023
Sarah Smith
A
thread 4/9
McBoffin (fake moustache): “Sir, I have Elizabeth Theranos on line 2! She says she’s from the future!”

Baron: [waves to put through] “Talk to me!”

Theranos (played by Kate McKinnon) [appears on screen, applying lipstick]: “I detected a large pool of investor money at your location. Who are you!?”
10:46 PM - May 19, 2023
Sarah Smith
A
thread 5/9
Baron: “The 90’s are calling Theranos! We need your help! Pollution news is reaching my condo in Hawaii, and my place in the Hamptons! Al Gore blames my smokestacks!”

[He shows a copy of Time Magazine with Al Gore and a NASA scientist. Plant w a ‘Baron’ sign smokestacks in the background]
10:49 PM - May 19, 2023
Sarah Smith
A
thread 6/9
McBoffin: “Sir, if we could get the smoke & pollution, and stash it someplace…”

Theranos: “Sequester! And it’s carbon! We don’t stash! We sequester!”

Ammo Bumpstock [points gun at Time magazine]: “I can sequester these folks if you want boss?”

#ThreadChallenge
10:50 PM - May 19, 2023
Sarah Smith
A
thread 7/9
Baron: “Great work Theranos! When will this Sylvester technology be ready?”

Theranos: [gestures impatiently to someone off screen. She’s handed a dusty copy of Time magazine. She tapes it to a whiteboard & starts drawing with a huge marker]

[Baron & McBoffin: close up, eyes wide in amazement]
10:51 PM - May 19, 2023
Sarah Smith
A
thread 8/9
Theranos: “Here! I call it CCS! We’ll scoop the carbon and store it, here in the Upside Down”

[Theranos rotates whiteboard. A horizontal line is drawn under the smokestacks. A curving arrow joins the chimney tops to a hole. Under the line is a depiction of Duffer Brothers style Upside Down]
10:57 PM - May 19, 2023
Sarah Smith
A
thread 9/9
McBoffin [fake moustache, holds a pocket calculator]: “But sir, it doesn’t add up! Carbon is slippery, how…”

Baron: “You’re fired! Second one today! Feels good! Need to have a round of golf and look at increasing my bonus!”

Duffer brothers: “It’s a wrap!” - “Put it in the can!”

#ThreadChallenge
11:00 PM - May 19, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}