AbbiSeattle1
A
thread 1/2
I’ve been trying to find out what happens to the Judiciary Committee if Dianne Feinstein resigns. If Time is correct, it means no more judges confirmed in the Senate because the Republicans could block adding any Democrat to replace her.

These are not normal times.
#DianneFeinstein #Politics #news
02:16 AM - May 20, 2023
AbbiSeattle1
A
thread 2/2
🙏
03:42 PM - May 20, 2023
Ground Control
A
In response to AbbiSeattle1.
And I'm convinced that at least some of the folks calling for her to go know this...and don't care. Such folk are broken-brained saboteurs who want that sweet hit of outrage more than anything.
09:03 AM - May 20, 2023
Terry Calvert
A
That is correct as I understand it. It’s insane to advocate for her removal for this very reason.
08:53 AM - May 20, 2023
Anton Brakhage
A
How can Republicans block that? They don't hold a majority of Senate seats. Even with Feinstein gone, we'd be at fifty, counting Independents who caucus with the Democrats.

Or is this just operating on the assumption that Manchin and Sinema will turn their coats again? Which, if so, fair.
02:27 AM - May 20, 2023
AbbiSeattle1
A
In response to Anton Brakhage.
I’m talking about the Judiciary Committee, not the full Senate. Because she was appointed at the beginning of the session, her committee replacement needs 60 votes, according to Time. The Republicans could stop an appointment and then we don’t get judges.
02:32 AM - May 20, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}