Rep. Ritchie Torres
A
An economy that produces more than half a million jobs in a single month is a far cry from a recession.
04:35 PM - Feb 12, 2023
Myke
A
In response to Rep. Ritchie Torres.
It is so complicated, because this is one of the first times in history we've had so many recessionary indicators without one, but I do agree that we simply cannot call this situation a #Recession . It's just an expansion with #pricegouging .
07:32 PM - Feb 12, 2023
Linda Lee
A
Rep. Torres, please encourage other congress folks to join this amazing new social media platform!
07:04 PM - Feb 12, 2023 (Edited)
Michael Springer
A
So much of it is PERCEPTION.. Dems need to do a better job of marketing their accomplishments as well as the insane amount of profit some of these corporations are making!
06:22 PM - Feb 12, 2023
KLov@MildtheMist
A
Yes, true. However perception from Republicans is because they are driving up costs for profits. Many families don't understand this, they live daily with little attention on politics unless it comes from The Daily Mail. ???? Educate the uneducated.
05:06 PM - Feb 12, 2023
JeffCO
A
My limited understanding is that the problem is twofold:

1) The extremely wealthy don't have quite enough, and

2) Everyone else has far too much already.
05:03 PM - Feb 12, 2023
Patrick Rowley
A
But boy, is the Fed trying to make it one!
04:58 PM - Feb 12, 2023
Justin Minich
A
The question is: will those jobs pay a living wage and include benefits? It's crazy to me that the minimum wage is still $7.25/hour and that we've been fighting for $15/hour for so long that it actually should be more like $25/hour now just to afford to live a basic life.
04:53 PM - Feb 12, 2023
Peggy Stuart #FirstWave
A
Republicans live in a topsy-turvy world, so of course!
04:50 PM - Feb 12, 2023
Sunny Blossom
A
Speak on it. Say it louder for the folks in the back.
04:37 PM - Feb 12, 2023