Jenny Lam
A
thread 1/5
I've been sitting on this news for months, but now I'm giddy with excitement (and embarrassment?*) I can finally share that I've been named one of 2023's Culture Shifters by HuffPost! *(I burst into laughter when I saw the headline.)

#art #SpoutArt #ArtSpout #artist #SpoutibleArtist #artists
04:59 PM - May 22, 2023
Jenny Lam
A
thread 2/5
I'm so honored to be featured on a list alongside such creative change-makers. Endless thanks, love, and gratitude to:
- Reporter Yue Li, a graduate student at Northwestern's Medill School of Journalism. Yue had reached out to me for "a profile story about an outstanding Chicago-based artist" and
05:01 PM - May 22, 2023
Jenny Lam
A
thread 3/5
interviewed me all the way back in January (I remember we wished each other a Happy Chinese New Year!). She then pitched her story to the HuffPost culture team in March... and not only did their editorial team say yes, but the editor also said she'd love to include me as a Culture Shifter!
05:02 PM - May 22, 2023
Jenny Lam
A
thread 4/5
- Photographer Taylor Glascock. Taylor took these photos of me in Chinatown on a brisk (to say the least!) but bright March afternoon. Everything I'm wearing in them I've had for at least 14 years (exception: my sneakers, which I've had for 7) (this is a pattern you'll find with me and belongings)
05:03 PM - May 22, 2023
Jenny Lam
A
thread 5/5
- Senior editor of culture Erin Evans
- Senior photo editor Chris McGonigal
- Artist Nancy Bechtol, one of my Artists on the Lam, who was also interviewed for this and had such kind words to say about me
- Everyone who's been a part of my journey. We don't get here alone!
05:05 PM - May 22, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}