Tom G. Hughes
A
There's reasonable common ground that can reached on this issue, were most Pugs & some Dems interested in that sort of thing.

Yes, the loans were presented in a manipulative & predatory way. No, that doesn't change the fact that people should in some way be held accountable for signing off on them.
⚛️Shawn Athan @ShawnathanDC
This whole student loan mess... its the one thing I agree with the Republicans on. You got the education. Pay for it. That's what you agreed to when you asked for the loan in the first place. This is the worst hill for the Democrats to die on.
12:10 PM - May 25, 2023
12:20 PM - May 25, 2023
John Fegenbush
B
All student loans should be refinanced at 0%, and all interest & fees already paid be deducted from the balance. If banksters and oligarchs can borrow from the government at 0%, then so should students. Also, public and community college should be tuition free.
In response to Tom G. Hughes.
12:45 PM - May 25, 2023 (Edited)
Sneaky Burrito
A
In response to John Fegenbush.
This is how it's been for my federal loan since the pandemic pause and I have paid off like $50K of my student loans without the interest accruing. There is a real chance I'll have paid the remaining $50K off by the time I'm 50 or 51 (I was born in 1977, loans are from grad school).
12:56 PM - May 25, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}