Professor Kyle
A
thread 1/1
I wonder if, whenever there is a Spoutible app, will it actually bring a lot of people over from Twitter? I mean, was that really the thing holding them back?
08:26 PM - May 30, 2023
Rebecca E
A
In response to Professor Kyle.
I have several friends and resisters waiting on the 🐦site for the Spoutible app to launch before joining here @cbouzy . I doubt they will leave the other site as long as the "known" media/electeds/politicians stay there. Yet, they complain about the bots, nazis, ugliness and hatred there.
10:44 PM - May 30, 2023
Barb says Liberal Media is a Myth
A
I don't see why or how having the app would make that much of a difference.
10:37 PM - May 30, 2023
Angela Richard
A
In response to Barb says Liberal Media is a Myth.
It definitely makes a difference to me. I don't normally check social media on my computer (where I try to focus on work); my habit is to check social on my phone. It's a hard habit to break. I'm here now but will be here more often with the app.
12:12 AM - May 31, 2023
MEAction NOW
A
I sure do hope so!
10:18 PM - May 30, 2023
indie perfume lover
A
I'm starting to think some folks were using that as an excuse to stay on the bird app--I mean, we're talking one extra click to get on the 🐳 if you bookmark it in your browser, ffs. I followed alot of good people and have to admit I'm disappointed more didn't come here. 1/
09:50 PM - May 30, 2023
indie perfume lover
A
In response to indie perfume lover.
But atp, I don't think the app is gonna open the floodgates. Hope I'm wrong.... 🤞 2/2
09:50 PM - May 30, 2023
Blue Slate
A
I don’t believe so. Twitter thrives on content produced by a minority of large accounts, who, in exchange, can receive expanded reach, celebrity status, and raise money. They condemn Elon Musk (for more likes and retweets) while continuing to abide by the lucrative partnership they have with him.
09:24 PM - May 30, 2023
Dan Wentzel
A
Instagram (Meta) is starting an Activity Pub-based Twitter alternative compatible with the Fediverse where Mastodon is (as opposed to BlueSky).

I'm not sure there will be another single platform serving as a collective space like Twitter did, but diffuse networks using common protocols instead.
08:58 PM - May 30, 2023
Dan Wentzel
A
It seems that a lot of the people who stay on Twitter are either addicted to its toxicity in the brains, OR, care more about keeping their "audiences" than the harm that platform is now doing.

I'm just eager to have news and public services come over, so nobody feels they "have" to stay there.
08:49 PM - May 30, 2023
Irminsul Harp
A
This spout was removed because the account associated with it was suspended.
08:42 PM - May 30, 2023
SAJ
B
Browser works fine for me...
08:39 PM - May 30, 2023
Professor Kyle
A
In response to SAJ.
Same. I use my computer mostly, but when I click safari on my phone Spoutible comes up & works great. You could even make a shortcut for if on your home screen you use your internet browser for other things (like @deirdreassenza does)
08:43 PM - May 30, 2023
Megan Kotte
A
Yes. One complaint I've heard a lot is users having to use a browser to join Spoutible. It will be interesting that's for sure. People are about to find out the moderation on here is real. I'm not sure how much of a difference that will make.🤔
08:38 PM - May 30, 2023
dani
A
I think the the days of the mega-social media platform for all are gone. I think smaller niche communities will pop up and people will go where they are comfortable. I don’t think it’s the lack of app, it’s that the target user is very specific.
08:29 PM - May 30, 2023
Be Human
A
In response to dani.
Sounds like a good idea 💡
08:43 PM - May 30, 2023
Stewart Tan
A
In response to dani.
Agree 💯 The bird site was an anomaly, where everyone converged for different reasons (current events, sports, entertainment, etc.). It was convenient, but there's no reason the next iteration of social media has to follow the same pattern.
08:44 PM - May 30, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}