Stewart Tan
A
Here's a clip of the great Michelle Yeoh as she addressed the Harvard Law School Class of 2023.

It's not that long (under 16 minutes), but worth your while to listen to it (very inspiring).

https://youtu.be/PZ7YERWPf...
Michelle Yeoh addresses the Harvard Law School Class of 2023 - YouTube

On May 24, Michelle Yeoh, Academy-award winning actress, advocate, and United Nations Development Programme Goodwill ambassador, offered the HLS Class of 202...

09:49 PM - May 30, 2023
Sassy Musing
A
In response to Stewart Tan.
This was a great speech. I hope the graduates were listening and take her advice to heart.
09:41 PM - Jun 10, 2023
Stewart Tan
A
In response to Sassy Musing.
It was! I know a lot of celebs do speeches but this felt like it was from the heart and that Yeoh didn't just "mail it in".

Not sure if you know but Michelle Yeoh is married to Jean Todt, former Ferrari Formula 1 boss. I was watching a race then went "hey, that's Michelle Yeoh!".
09:44 PM - Jun 10, 2023
KM Laurence
A
Michelle is so humble and kind, a true icon. Thank you for sharing her speech.
05:16 AM - May 31, 2023
Jess Martin
A
Beautiful speech. I like her emphasis on collaboration rather than competition. And the film she was referring to was surely Crouching Tiger? Because I enjoyed her in that film!

Didn't like her character in Crazy Rich Asians because that character was so unidimensional and she's better than that!
11:37 PM - May 30, 2023
Stewart Tan
A
In response to Jess Martin.
I loved all her movies... when she learned she was going to be in Tomorrow Never Dies and she thought she was going to be James Bond... 👍

Re. Crazy Rich Asians, her character wasn't likable but was an accurate portrayal of a matriarch.

BTW, her hubby is Jean Todt, former Ferrari F-1 boss!
11:48 PM - May 30, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}