Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 1/3
So with all the hype and media attention, Bluesky has fewer than 100k users. Yes, it is still invite-only, but the number is low compared to other invite-only betas. Spoutible had significantly more users in the first month, with a tenth of the publicity. I am really shocked by these numbers.
06:48 AM - May 31, 2023
Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 2/3
And the number of blocks is exceptionally high. 105156 blocks?! It's an invite-only beta with the majority of users sharing the same viewpoints. In comparison, Spoutible only has fewer than 40,000 blocks, with significantly more users.
06:49 AM - May 31, 2023
Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 3/3
You can read more here: https://medium.com/PeterN...
07:00 AM - May 31, 2023
TrevWriter
A
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
Other than the fact that BlueSky isn't all that interesting, I find the app clumsy to use.
08:17 PM - Dec 06, 2023
Indigo
A
I really don't understand why people would willingly subject themselves to all the toxicity that that platform allows. The real world is crazy enough. Why go on a platform that's just more of the same or even worse, where it seems you have to block almost every other user you come across?
01:19 PM - May 31, 2023
Evan Jones
A
Seems there is still a race to what will be become the next Twitter replacement, while Twitter itself is slowly going down in flames. How do we compare with services like Tribel, Mastadon, Hive, etc.?
11:42 AM - May 31, 2023
JusticeWithJean
A
Can you tell us the number of users on Soputible now?
11:31 AM - May 31, 2023
Christopher Bouzy
A
In response to JusticeWithJean.
It will be in an upcoming article.
12:46 PM - May 31, 2023
Heather Hughson
A
I only ever see discussion about BlueSky come to the Other Place when people are being harassed. I see Spoutible being discussed in the Other Place in terms of how positive the experience is, and how user protection is baked into the design from the start.
11:22 AM - May 31, 2023
Magneto Mancer
A
In response to Heather Hughson.
That Other Place which Must-Not-Be-Named.🧙🏽
05:12 PM - Jun 01, 2023
Jasmine A.
A
In response to Heather Hughson.
This spout was removed because the account associated with it was suspended.
06:05 PM - Jun 01, 2023
Mazzaroth Vineyard
A
We're with you @cbouzy and @spoutible all of the way.
07:38 AM - May 31, 2023
Betsy Muse
A
The energy and engagement on Bluesky have tanked in the past few weeks. I check maybe once a day now.

There's only so much "show me your tits" juvenile shit-posting I can take. I'm no prude, but there is no balance. Most folks I know are waiting for the early phase to end to see if it gets better.
07:31 AM - May 31, 2023
Josol
A
Could it be that Bluesky is just “Twitter 2.0” created by the same person? I know I never even considered going there after what he did. Could others feel the same? 🤷‍♀️ Curious how many users Spoutible has to date. I know it is young but I bet it is significant.
07:29 AM - May 31, 2023
Marie Jamison
A
In response to Josol.
https://spoutible.com/thre... regarding Spoutible user numbers
01:00 PM - May 31, 2023
Ola
A
The hype and media attention are due to the popularity of Jack Dorsey, the previous CEO of Twitter. Nothing more than that. Also, Jack is well liked by people in the media.
07:17 AM - May 31, 2023 (Edited)
Carlotta Berry
A
I took my invitation made the account to park my username and never went back. Same for Post, BlackTwitter App and FanBase App, nothing much happening.
07:08 AM - May 31, 2023
Mike Calimari
A
The news media doing what it does best, lies and distortions.
07:00 AM - May 31, 2023
Michael Arndt
A
I posted this in the early days. I would like to see the format progress to make comments more visible under the initial post, simply to spur more back and forth discussion. But overall my time spent here is very enjoyable.
06:54 AM - May 31, 2023 (Edited)
{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}