MaryJane Bricka
A
thread 1/4
1/ I had high hopes for Spoutible. I still do. But I seldom use it right now for simple reasons, compared to twitter. There is no way to put people in lists so my only option is to see spouts from EVERYONE I follow in my timeline. Sometimes I only want local news, or politics, or entertainment.
03:48 PM - May 31, 2023
MaryJane Bricka
A
thread 2/4
2/ This results in some people monopolizing my timeline and others getting lost in the huge number of spouts. That brings me to my second concern. There is no way to "mute" someone for a period of time. My only option is to unfollow. Finally, on twitter I can choose to get notifications when
03:50 PM - May 31, 2023
MaryJane Bricka
A
thread 3/4
3/ specific people that I follow spout off. I can go to my notifications and see only those people's spouts. It's one way to control seeing what I want instead of seeing all the people I follow all the the time.
03:54 PM - May 31, 2023
MaryJane Bricka
A
thread 4/4
4/ I don't have time to use both twitter and spoutible, so until I can get more control of my timeline here, I have to use twitter. It's the only way i can be in control. My hope is @cbouzy will address these concerns because i would really prefer to be here.
03:55 PM - May 31, 2023