Robert Reich
A
The next time someone mentions inflation to you, don’t forget to draw attention to the deeper structural driver of rising prices: the concentration of the American economy in the hands of a few corporate giants with the power to price-gouge because they face little competition.
12:23 PM - Jun 02, 2023
Diane Pinkerton
A
In response to Robert Reich.
💯
Not only do they price gouge because there's little competition, they also collude to inflate prices. 🤬
I should mention that one of the bakeries involved is owned by the same family/company that owns the Loblaws grocery chain.
03:10 PM - Jun 04, 2023 (Edited)

Only followers of this user (BanBillionaires) can see their posts

Rebecca E
A
Right! And, don't forget that the main stream media, also owned by corporate giants, fuels the fires of dissension through questionable reporting and subtly supports price-gouging by corporations.
11:48 AM - Jun 03, 2023
Angelique Yaich
A
I do this every time, and still for these people, it's capitalism and greed is good, democrats and taxes and fair wages bad.
04:12 PM - Jun 02, 2023
Jon Schiefer
A
That's definitely a factor, but I feel the primary factor is the decentralization of the dollar in the world's economy. Especially when Saudi Arabia switched from the Petrodollar to unite with China.

The rich are just taking advantage of the U.S. crashing economy.
01:20 PM - Jun 02, 2023
Lisa White
A
Yep!
01:10 PM - Jun 02, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}