Halo-Halo w/ All the Sighs
A
"All this recognition is welcome praise for a cuisine that has historically been stifled by colonialism and a general lack of appreciation. These chefs are part of a younger generation giving voice to the Filipino American experience through the language of food."
Masarap (delish)! #FilAms
10:21 PM - Jun 02, 2023
Linda Eisenstein
A
In response to Halo-Halo w/ All the Sighs.
I was told by a Filipino friend that a Filipino food truck had a 50-100 person line at our Asian Festival & they are planning to open a brick-and-mortar restaurant soon. I can't wait!
08:39 AM - Jun 10, 2023
Stewart Tan
A
Timely topic by Halo Halo (of course, it's food!). Link below on an NYT article (gifted). You may not be in LA but there's a perfect photo of a fried Lumpia, filled with longganisa which is a 🇵🇭 sausage (never had that before!).

https://tinyurl.com/2uhbrb...
11:12 PM - Jun 02, 2023
Salma Typhii
A
I feel bad for people that don't know Filipino food #PancitPalabok4Ever
10:29 PM - Jun 02, 2023
Stewart Tan
A
In response to Salma Typhii.
The best!!! My sister-in-law makes that all the time... This sounds like a stereotype but Filipinos really love to eat. A few data points:
- when you invite people for lunch, lunch + dinner is implied
- people talk about what to eat for dinner during lunch
- tupperwares (to-go) is a must
😀
10:34 PM - Jun 02, 2023
Professor Kyle
A
This reminded me that a Filipino restaurant opened in a town pretty near to me that I haven't been to yet. Looking at the menu:
10:30 PM - Jun 02, 2023
Stewart Tan
A
In response to Professor Kyle.
I'm sure Halo Halo has great tips... You can also try fried lumpia (spring rolls), it's very popular
10:36 PM - Jun 02, 2023
Halo-Halo w/ All the Sighs
A
In response to Professor Kyle.
My two favorite Filipino desserts right by each other. On the menu. One my namesake the other i call Dessert Lumpia. ;) (Turon, the dessert choice right above the Halo-Halo)
10:37 PM - Jun 02, 2023 (Edited)

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}