J.D. Cunegan
A
thread 1/7
Okay, #BookSpout , I don't normally talk about my WIPs in great detail until I can see release date on the horizon, but I really want to tell you all about SUMMERTIME, ASSASSINS, AND OTHER SKULLDUGGERIES.

Thread incoming!
10:23 PM - Jun 02, 2023
J.D. Cunegan
A
thread 2/7
Writers love to say "this book is unlike anything else I've ever written," but that's especially true of SUMMERTIME. The violence is nothing new (especially if you've read NOTNA), but the sapphic romance, the mash-up of tropes, the way the words just *poured* out of me...
10:24 PM - Jun 02, 2023
J.D. Cunegan
A
thread 3/7
I haven't been this excited for a book I've written since NOTNA, but SUMMERTIME tapped into creative reserves I didn't know I had. Especially once September came and I found myself in a relationship of my own.
J.D. Cunegan
A
thread 4/7
I never thought I'd write a love story that was anything more than a side plot, but SUMMERTIME is a work I'm legitimately proud of. Sapphic romance as only I can tell it, amid the backdrop of lots and lots of murder.
J.D. Cunegan
A
thread 5/7
Summer and Lola have been a treasure to write, and I really wish I'd had the foresight to have this book ready to release during #PrideMonth . Still, I can't wait to bring SUMMERTIME to everyone; I can't wait to bring the humor, the emotion, the blood, and the whirlwind.
10:25 PM - Jun 02, 2023
J.D. Cunegan
A
thread 6/7
The manuscript is currently with my editor, and I'm already toying with layout ideas for the paperback edition. I'm aiming for a November release, at which point, LET THERE BE GAY LOVE (AND MURDER).
10:25 PM - Jun 02, 2023
J.D. Cunegan
A
thread 7/7
Speaking of Summer and Lola...

Should this book ever be optioned, may I suggest:
10:26 PM - Jun 02, 2023
Michel Vaillancourt
A
Isn't this the best feeling? Like, it's a roller coaster and you're furiously taking notes as fast as you can type so you don't miss anything?
In response to J.D. Cunegan.
11:48 AM - Jun 03, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}