Robert Reich
A
The idea that everyone is "paid what they're worth" has proven to be a cruelly effective way to put the blame on workers for not getting ahead — while giving the rich and powerful cover to rig the game for their own benefit.

Don't buy it.
Are You Paid What You’re Worth? | Robert Reich - YouTube

The idea that everyone is "paid what they're worth" has proven to be a cruelly effective way to put the blame on workers for not getting ahead — while giving...

02:07 PM - Jun 06, 2023
Anton Brakhage
A
In response to Robert Reich.
Nobody on Earth can tell me that Elon fucking Musk is worth literally millions of times more than I am as a person. No one with a shred of self-respect could buy that.
07:39 AM - Sep 05, 2023
Trust Facts
A
When I taught (retired now), I always told my students to have respect for the custodians and cafeteria workers because without them, they would be hungry and sitting in a filthy place.

They should be paid more!
10:15 AM - Jun 07, 2023
Harry Kaufman
A
Then Following that premise?? at Least, 148 member in congress in THAT "Party in should be paid in Buttons, and bubble Gum with a side of Snuff!!! And you be assured this is Sardonic..
03:13 PM - Jun 06, 2023
Ignatz .
A
The statement assumes that the employer and employee have equal power when negotiating, when they obviously don't. Unions balance the power dynamic somewhat, so higher Union wages are much closer to what an employee is actually worth.
03:12 PM - Jun 06, 2023
Irminsul Harp
A
This spout was removed because the account associated with it was suspended.
02:28 PM - Jun 06, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}