Ami Hendrickson
A
thread 1/7
A former co-worker who, like me, was caught in the ScribeMedia fallout, is taking the leap into freelance solopreneurship. I'm so proud of her.

Some thoughts on hanging out your shingle for the first time:
02:18 PM - Jun 07, 2023
Ami Hendrickson
A
thread 2/7
1.) Know your Polaris. The Thing you love doing. The Thing at which you shine. Make this Thing the tentpole of your business. It may not be feasible for this to be the only Thing you do -- at least at first -- but lead with it when you craft your marketing materials.
02:20 PM - Jun 07, 2023
Ami Hendrickson
A
thread 3/7
2.) Learn to both value and budget your time. Do not fall for the "we don't pay much, but you'll gain valuable exposure" line. A person can die of exposure.
02:20 PM - Jun 07, 2023
Ami Hendrickson
A
thread 4/7
3.) If you struggle with things like tax law, bookkeeping, sales, social media, or lead generation, don't despair. Find a way to hire people who play at the things you work at.
02:22 PM - Jun 07, 2023
Ami Hendrickson
A
thread 5/7
4.) Never dismiss your skills or your services. If someone asks what you do, learn to deliver a quick pitch of your abilities with enthusiasm and confidence. Eliminate any semblance of "I'm just a..." from conversations with prospective clients and with yourself.
02:22 PM - Jun 07, 2023
Ami Hendrickson
A
thread 6/7
5.) Deliberately create downtime. Dedicate one entire day a week to being entirely free from work. Don't turn on the computer. Don't answer the phone. Restore your reserves. Recharge. You are more than your business. Enjoy the life you've been given.
02:24 PM - Jun 07, 2023
Ami Hendrickson
A
thread 7/7
The whole post is on LinkedIn. I invite you to join me in work- and writing- conversations there:(https://www.linkedin.com/i...
02:26 PM - Jun 07, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}