Professor Kyle
A
Some (white) people wanting more "diverse voices" (conservatives) on Spoutible is the same as the (white) "anti-woke centrists" at CNN & elsewhere in the media catering to the far right. It's not a quest for truth, which conservatives utterly lack, but a backdoor attempt to maintain white supremacy.
02:32 AM - Jun 08, 2023
M1St3r Ch0w
A
In response to Professor Kyle.
will respectfully disagree

there's room for anyone as long as they're acting in good faith, are capable having their opinions change by arguments grounded in reason and evidence, and don't come from a place of hate

problem is finding 'conservatives' that fit those criteria
10:49 AM - Jun 08, 2023 (Edited)
Professor Kyle
A
In response to M1St3r Ch0w.
I don't see that as a disagreement – as you say that's not the way conservatives behave. Even ones that don't openly spew bigotry are not acting in good faith, because the nice way they say it doesn't hide the fact that their values are about power & dominance by a privileged group.
10:51 AM - Jun 08, 2023
Martini C
A
They don't want to be on TrTh Social?
10:47 AM - Jun 08, 2023
Professor Kyle
A
In response to Martini C.
Right? They have their "safe space" (to talk about denying everyone else safety...)
10:53 AM - Jun 08, 2023
Darlene Pytlinski
B
People who do not fall for the white supremacy hoax are constantly being bombarded by the folks who do.
10:41 AM - Jun 08, 2023
BigBrownGirl
A
Oh? The ol' echo chamber argument? :: lemme dust this ol thing off. Again. :: "...An echo chamber? Yeah, I live in an echo chamber. I've created a sphere of decency with my peeps. ...And if you're not one of them? What's that tell ya?"
10:27 AM - Jun 08, 2023
Adam Deitsch □
A
Like, they can come here. But they will likely be banned when they start posting hate-based rhetoric and attacks. That's not a "lack of diversity" issue. That's a policy/ideology issue that *they* need to reflect on, not the platform.
09:54 AM - Jun 08, 2023
Professor Kyle
A
In response to Adam Deitsch □.
Exactly.
09:56 AM - Jun 08, 2023
William Tulloch
A
I think it all goes back to the way white people have generally reduced racism to "wanting to harm Black/minority people" and a characteristic only "bad" people have. Since their conservative family & friends are nice to them, they can't be bad, and their views are therefore worthy of respect.
07:16 AM - Jun 08, 2023
Marie Jamison
A
In response to William Tulloch.
That seems accurate. Too many of the caste dominate are invested in alternative facts and we are witnessing real time book bans and reduced revisionist history by the CONservatives.
07:32 AM - Jun 08, 2023
indie perfume lover
A
Yyyep. They wanna normalize racist, bigoted, misogynist trash talk and behavior, and we're not having it here.
05:28 AM - Jun 08, 2023 (Edited)
Just Judith'n'ALF #VotedYes
A
So ...
They can't cope with being a political minority on Spoutible (where disagreements are generally civilised) and yet WE who had to cope with it FOR YEARS on the dead bird ... are the sooks?

Typical.
Couldn't the writer spot disagreements unless in the bloodsport spirit of the deadbird?
02:47 AM - Jun 08, 2023
Professor Kyle
A
In response to Just Judith'n'ALF #VotedYes.
Exactly. And thanks for introducing me to the word sook! It's fun.
09:45 AM - Jun 08, 2023
Liz N Is Tired of the Nonsense
A
This comes in part from a desire to debate and argue that which, to them, is more theoretical than what, for the rest of us who are not white, is experienced daily.
02:38 AM - Jun 08, 2023
Just Judith'n'ALF #VotedYes
A
Good god ... there are white people wanting more diversity here?!

AKA they like the dead bird ratio?

F*ckMe.
:(
02:33 AM - Jun 08, 2023
Professor Kyle
A
In response to Just Judith'n'ALF #VotedYes.
Yup. That was a major complaint of the tech writer for the Wired article.
02:34 AM - Jun 08, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}