Mustang Sally
A
Correct Echoes tell the community, hey, this is good stuff. Take a read. Likes only tell the spouter you enjoyed the content. It's up to us to amplify. There are no algorithms ur talking to.
Marc Schelske @Schelske
So how are we all feeling about echos? Over on the bird app, if you really liked something, you liked & RTd. It seems like here, lots of folks are hearting stuff, but I'm not seeing many echoes. Seems like echoes would be really important for connecting with folks beyond our immediate circle. No?
05:04 PM - Feb 04, 2023
06:54 PM - Feb 13, 2023
YoungWIS
A
In response to Mustang Sally.
Trouble with this for me is when I sign on to Spoutible, the first 10 to 15 spouts I see are echoes of the same spout. I want to see what others have to say too. It feels like some voices are being drown out by the barage of echoes of one spout. Reminds me too much of the bird app
05:01 PM - Feb 15, 2023
Khrissy Choate
A
I only ever echo important stuff or things that make me feel strongly. Not everything has to be echoed. I have had success in finding new connections through the likes I get on a spout.
04:18 PM - Feb 15, 2023
Dave Plus Coffee (he/him)
A
I am echoing the hell out of content here, probably should tone it down a bit but there's so much stuff that I'm like "Yep, y'all need to see this one too"
09:29 AM - Feb 15, 2023
Vicki Ziegler
A
This same discussion is happening on Mastodon. Boosting/echoing/retweeting vs just liking seems to be connected to how we've been trained by the Twitter algorithm to compete to have the top post on whatever. Quietly like or more prominently boost as you see fit. Balance how you fill your timeline.
09:28 AM - Feb 15, 2023
Vicki Ziegler
A
In response to Vicki Ziegler.
A timeline filled with reposts is all about other people's content. I like to see accounts where I get to see some of what *you* have to say, in addition to what you like to boost, or boost and comment on.
09:29 AM - Feb 15, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}