Gabe Hoffman
A
thread 1/7
Now that I have hit 120 followers on Spoutible I felt like taking a moment to give some advice for new users reflecting how I was able to grow my follower count relatively fast compared to my other social platforms.
01:46 PM - Jun 14, 2023
Gabe Hoffman
A
thread 2/7
To put it simply diversify yourself. Share your interests or stuff you or others might find interesting. I talk video games a lot because its one of my main interests plus there aren't a lot of gamer people here on Spoutible yet.
01:48 PM - Jun 14, 2023
Gabe Hoffman
A
thread 3/7
I also like to share gaming related news since most major gaming news outlets have yet to properly join Spoutible so I feel its important to do my part to help fill the void.
01:49 PM - Jun 14, 2023
Gabe Hoffman
A
thread 4/7
I also like to share trivia, old print ads, retro computing content from people like LGR, YouTube videos, and the occasional meme/shitpost not just gaming based mind you.
01:51 PM - Jun 14, 2023
Gabe Hoffman
A
thread 5/7
Its important to diversify your content because a common criticism I see is that Spoutible feels too political at times and I am inclined to agree. Like I went to @goatburgler expecting to find stuff related to game development/animation but instead a vast majority of his posts are politics.
01:56 PM - Jun 14, 2023
Gabe Hoffman
A
thread 6/7
As someone who has become pretty immersed in politics in recent years, I can understand why too much politics can be a turn off for many mainly because of how exhausting its become coupled with the rampant doomerism that seems to be prevalent in a lot of political discourse these days.
01:59 PM - Jun 14, 2023
Gabe Hoffman
A
thread 7/7
Personally what I love the most about Spoutible is how I really feels like I am growing my presence organically. Unlike Twitter you are the one who is driving the engagement not the algorithm.
02:06 PM - Jun 14, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}