Diane Turner
A
My GrandPa Gustave “Gus” circa 1915 as a boy. I never saw this photo until yesterday when my mom sent it to me. He was a cerebral, quiet, and gentle man from Germany.

He would turn off his hearing aids to read and not listen to rest of us with our loud, crazy, Irish side. #OldFamilyPhoto
09:04 AM - Jun 16, 2023 (Edited)
indie perfume lover
A
In response to Diane Turner.
What a wonderful photo 💜
10:04 AM - Jun 16, 2023
Diane Turner
A
In response to indie perfume lover.
Thank you! It would be fun to see other old family
photos from when grandparents were young.
10:06 AM - Jun 16, 2023
indie perfume lover
A
Does either side of your fam have reunions? That's a great time for bringing and sharing old photos. And you see more fam resemblances when you have pics of ancestors when they were young.
10:09 AM - Jun 16, 2023
Diane Turner
A
In response to indie perfume lover.
My mother was an only child and only had one cousin so not much on that side/ so that’s the irish/german side. On my dad’s side he was 1 of 8 but very poor childhood, So we have cousins galore. But only few old photos remain though family resemblance and personality is hard to deny.
10:17 AM - Jun 16, 2023
indie perfume lover
A
Similar here. My dad had one sibling, diff father, his died when he was young, his mother was poor, estranged from her fam, so hardly any pics there. My mom was one of 9, they were very poor also, so few pics. Her bro brought some old photos to a reunion, which of course was one I missed 😭
10:28 AM - Jun 16, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}