Thediem Thuhdium
A
thread 1/8
I am once again getting on my little soapbox, read or don't.

I don't understand how I am supposed to like, have any amount of sympathy or empathy for corporations these days. Somewhat brought on by the recent writer's strike but more just general musings on our society, this spout will be a thread.
05:29 PM - Jun 16, 2023
Thediem Thuhdium
A
thread 2/8
Specifically talking about megacorps to be specific, but my point at least kinda applies to any and all corps. The nature of capitalism ensures that I am never actually paid equal to the value I produce for a company, the surplus value of my labor is extracted in the form of profits. On top of that
05:30 PM - Jun 16, 2023
Thediem Thuhdium
A
thread 3/8
My health insurance is tied to the place at which I work, rendering it potentially life-threatening to leave my job if I find the pay I am receiving in exchange for my time and labor is inadequate or the conditions are more harrowing than I care to endure. The entire system, in one way or another is
05:32 PM - Jun 16, 2023
Thediem Thuhdium
A
thread 4/8
built on coercion. Then companies and the shills thereof are like "Yo you gotta be nice to them dog, they're taking on hella risk to give you this opportunity."

The only RISK a business owner/operator is taking on is becoming a part of the working class if their business tanks, as well as an amount
05:34 PM - Jun 16, 2023
Thediem Thuhdium
A
thread 5/8
of debt. Most working-class folks these days have an amount of debt anywho in the form of a mortgage or a car payment or whatever, so I don't even have sympathy there. The reason most business owners find the prospect of becoming part of the proletariat so terrifying is that they know how much
05:36 PM - Jun 16, 2023
Thediem Thuhdium
A
thread 6/8
workers get fucked over in the current system we have which is why they see their role as one of taking risks. Maybe I'm too radical but I think unions are good, I believe all workers should organize. I think all workers should be shareholders; entitled to a cut of the profits a business makes.
05:39 PM - Jun 16, 2023
Thediem Thuhdium
A
thread 7/8
To cap off this rant, I'll leave you with one final thought. Most companies I've worked at could exist for a helluva lot longer without a CEO than they could without their workers. If we band together, take collective action, we can maybe make things a little better for us, and open the way for
05:40 PM - Jun 16, 2023
Thediem Thuhdium
A
thread 8/8
vast improvements for future generations.
"We don't have the power of the state. We don't have the authority on our side, the cops, or the media. What we have are angry hearts. Clenched fists." - Hobart Brown.
05:42 PM - Jun 16, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}