Mark Rubin
A
What's the *main* advantage Spoutible has over Twitter? (Please share)

Compared to Twitter, Spoutible...

...has a better CEO

...is less right-wing

...has no algorithm

...is safer

171 votes — 04:09 PM - Feb 14, 2023
Cheryl
A
In response to Mark Rubin.
I would say - all of them! But they are all there because of #cbouzy , who respects us all! So, I chose #1
10:01 PM - Jul 18, 2023 (Edited)
kat4obama
A
I chose "has no algorithm" *because* Spoutible has a better CEO who isn't interested in pushing right-wing propaganda, thus creating a safer environment. :)
09:56 PM - Jul 18, 2023
Dennis Schvejda
A
Engagement! The Spoutible community engages with other users, echoing, liking, commenting at rates far higher than Twitter or Threads.
09:03 AM - Jul 16, 2023
Linda Eisenstein
A
All. But if I had to choose 1?

I'd have to say @cbouzy because the other 3 flow from his particular vision.
08:16 PM - Jul 12, 2023
Vuyelwa Ncube
A
All of them
08:07 PM - Jul 12, 2023
Kimberlee (Kimbrûlée)
A
All of them!
07:06 PM - Jul 12, 2023
Kat Schneider
A
All of the above.
07:04 PM - Jul 12, 2023
Indigo
A
In response to Kat Schneider.
Yep.
08:11 PM - Jul 12, 2023
Honorary Doctor of Sass
A
All the above
07:00 PM - Jul 12, 2023
Jo Ellen Claus
A
Although all 4 are good reasons Mr Bouzy is the rare CEO who actually listens. He has involved the user community from the beginning & used the feedback to create Spoutible. He communicates with us letting us know he hears us & provides updates regularly. He is the difference.
03:56 PM - Feb 15, 2023
Mark Rubin
A
In response to Jo Ellen Claus.
Yes, involving the community, listening and responding to their feedback, communicating regularly - all admirable qualities in any leader. 👍
06:24 PM - Feb 15, 2023
Diana
A
All of those things are huge advantages to me, but the fact that there isn’t an algorithm is really key to the experience for me.
03:46 PM - Feb 15, 2023
Mark Rubin
A
In response to Diana.
@dmo Thanks Diana. I'm a bit on the fence re. the alogrithm. I mean the current Twitter alogrithm delivers #TooMuchMusk ! 😁 But I'm sure there must be a way of designing an algorithm that's useful to everyone, and not in a stroking one man's ego sort of way!
06:16 PM - Feb 15, 2023
Myke
A
I need multiple answers. @cbouzy makes it safer for us.
12:10 AM - Feb 15, 2023
Mark Rubin
A
In response to Myke.
True!
12:11 AM - Feb 15, 2023
Alexandra Thornton
A
I went with CEO, but honestly the best thing is his vision because it’s built into the structure of Spoutible and the user agreement. We are all here b/c we are choosing to create a space where you don’t have to accept that social media involves hate and harassment. #SocialMediaReboot
04:38 PM - Feb 14, 2023
Mark Rubin
A
In response to Alexandra Thornton.
@Atpthornton

I agree on the CEO part, but I feel more pushed away by Musk than pulled to Bouzy, who I don't know much about.

I've heard people on Mastodon say it's risky to have any single person in charge, and that their federated model is safer. I get that. Twitter was OK until change of CE
04:48 PM - Feb 14, 2023
Sredni Eel
A
The main thing for me is people here are so much nicer. I do have a couple of good friends on the bird app, but they're being buried under an arbitrary algorithm these days.
04:28 PM - Feb 14, 2023
Mark Rubin
A
In response to Sredni Eel.
@SredniEel

Yes, I think the Twitter algorithm altered people's behaviour too. The algorithm rewarded outrage and moral grandstanding and so it conditioned people to behave that way. I never saw a viral Tweet along the lines of "Hmm, I'm not sure. I'll have to give that a bit more thought!"
04:33 PM - Feb 14, 2023
Tammy Hodgkinson
A
1. I didn’t mind the algorithm over at the bird. Brought some interesting stuff my way in the beginning when I didn’t know where to look.

2. CEO has an effect on everything else. It shouldn’t, but after everything broke over there, and everything that is trying to happen here, it obviously does.
04:17 PM - Feb 14, 2023
Mark Rubin
A
In response to Tammy Hodgkinson.
@thodgkinson

I feel exactly the same!

One thing I didn't add to the list (only 4 choices available in polls) and which might become more relevant soon is the fact that Spoutible is not trying to charge people for stuff (Twitter Blue, etc).
04:22 PM - Feb 14, 2023 (Edited)
Diane Knows
A
How about all of the above?
04:11 PM - Feb 14, 2023
Mark Rubin
A
In response to Diane Knows.
@DEKnows True! 😄 I only had 4 options to play with, and I'm interested in people's *main* reason. But you're right that there's probably a mix of issues at play.
04:19 PM - Feb 14, 2023
{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}