David Love
A
Late stage capitalism is billionaires getting stuck in a $250,000 submarine ride, and the submarine company cut corners on safety. And another billionaire who owns a trashy social media platform, a spaceship and exploding electric car company handled the satellite communications for said submarine.
05:41 PM - Jun 21, 2023
Steven Aufrecht
A
In response to David Love.
Deep sea exploration is an important and expensive activity. Yes billionaires are a juicy target, but the CEO of OceanGate was also on board. People also die on Everest. Let's not let this disrupt legit ocean exploration. https://www.reuters.com/wo...
07:13 PM - Jun 21, 2023
Zaya Rose ⛧
A
Well. Well, well...this is a part of the story that i hadn't heard before 🤔
06:48 PM - Jun 21, 2023
David Von Stroh
A
And 500 refugees lost off Greece getting scant attention in comparison and little rescue efforts in comparison. Might even be an understatement to say that they were willfully left to die.
06:42 PM - Jun 21, 2023
Barbara Edelman
A
i saved a screenshot so that when i meet a friend for lunch tomorrow & she says, “omg, isn’t that titanic thing awful??” i’ll say, “it kinda feels like this to me,” i’ll pop it open & pass her my phone.
06:38 PM - Jun 21, 2023
Ground Control
A
Yeah, this is what happens when you skimp on quality control.
06:34 PM - Jun 21, 2023
stephanie roberts
A
06:24 PM - Jun 21, 2023
RA
A
Stahp. You're making late stage capitalism sound so sexy!
05:50 PM - Jun 21, 2023
William Spano
A
And then having the brass to complain about the two sets of coastguard teams not acting fast enough.

Even when it might be in international waters.
05:45 PM - Jun 21, 2023
John Bolton's Mustache™️☑️
A
In response to William Spano.
I guarantee you, they're already dead. International waters or not. There were a number of safeguards in place that would have allowed them to resurface if there were issues.
06:22 PM - Jun 21, 2023
Helga
A
In response to William Spano.
I have mixed feelings about all the effort and money being spent on this. While I don't wish the folks in the submersible any ill will, the craft wasn't ever certified to go that deep. They took the chance for the thrill of it 🤷🤷🤷 hope they're found and they're billed for the cost of the recovery.
06:26 PM - Jun 21, 2023 (Edited)

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}