Michael★ Tobin★
A
#DailyPictureTheme #gloomy
The Tyne Bridge on a foggy misty gloomy morning.
05:28 AM - Jun 26, 2023
Drummer Girl
A
In response to Michael★ Tobin★.
That's a great shot! Beautiful in it's gloominess! Well done!
10:52 AM - Jun 26, 2023
Michael★ Tobin★
A
In response to Drummer Girl.
Thank you. Here's the bridge in normal circumstances.
11:33 AM - Jun 26, 2023
Drummer Girl
A
Lovely! I've heard of the bridge, but knew Newcastle for "Newkie Brown" as all my friends told me the ale was called! Lived in the North for a bit, outside of Manchester, and loved the fog and the mist, along with the pints and the people! 😉
12:05 PM - Jun 26, 2023
Michael★ Tobin★
A
British weather, we get it all 😀 We, in Newcastle hardly ever/never refer it to 'Newkie Brown' but outside of the city yeah. A bottl a broon or a bottl a dog. (Geordie dialect) The Tyne as you may know has a plethora of bridges down on the quayside which makes for some amazing photo opportunities.
12:40 PM - Jun 26, 2023
Drummer Girl
A
Fantastic for pic-taking & ale-drinking! Yeah only the ppl in the know I understand use the Dog reference...& that accent is phenomenal I must say! Loved all the diff dialects across the North! Also was given major lessons to say book properly... but then 3 villages over, I was wrong all over again!
03:32 PM - Jun 26, 2023
Michael★ Tobin★
A
If you're referring to book as in bewk that'll be how our noisy neighbours in Sunderland pronounce it. People mistake all the north east people to speak 'Geordie' accent, not so I'm afraid. Only people born and bred in Newcastle speak it. 😀👍
04:08 PM - Jun 26, 2023
Drummer Girl
A
Oh I found a LOT of variety in the North East, as just when I thought I'd sussed it, nope...😂 And yeah, not bewk so much as.... , but more ... ugh... can't even spell it. It's been a while since my last correction! 😉
05:47 PM - Jun 26, 2023
Michael★ Tobin★
A
Hats off to you for recognising the differences in both the accents & dialects. You have a good ear. I visit London regularly to see my kids/grandson & I speak the Kings English but obviously with my accent (not full on Geordie) & their friends have no clue to what im saying. 😃😉
06:01 AM - Jun 27, 2023
Drummer Girl
A
😂 I know that face well! Looking blankly trying to figure out what they just asked. I used to make it a lot🤣... but honestly it was the Liverpudlians that I just needed an hour of non-stop immersion & then I'd begin to hear it all & understand! Love to hear all the different accents & dialects!
01:47 PM - Jun 27, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}